It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
(female)

yme725 HB User
I found a lump in my breast...looking for advice!

Hello everyone, thank you so much for helping me out.

I am 26 years old, hypothyroid, chronic migraines, eczema, otherwise healthy.

Last week I found a single firm lump in my right breast just below the skin about an inch above my nipple. It's not painful and feels movable beneath the skin. No other symptoms like dimpling or inversion of the nipple. I do have nipple discharge in both breasts from multiple ducts and it is clear to milky in color. I've had this for a year and a half, had prolactin tested and it was normal, Dr. never pursued this further.

I have several small firm but movable lumps on my left side above my breast but below my collar bone and beside my armpit area. They are tender to the touch. I don't have these on the right side (which is the side w the lump in the breast). I also have swollen lymph nodes in my neck which are tender.

I'm very worried, though everywhere online says due to my age it's most likely benign but I can't help be concerned.

I've been having gastro-intestinal issues also which I don't know if they're related. I have no history of breast cancer in my family just a paternal aunt that died of pancreatic cancer and a paternal grandfather who died of stomach cancer.

My sternum is sore, and along my ribs/breast bone which led me to think I could possibly have costochondritis. Also, occasionally it feels tight around my chest where I can breathe fine, take deep breaths, but sometimes it just weird.

Also I've had pain that is assumed to be caused by a pinched nerve in my neck as I have constant shoulder pain, upper back pain, neck pain like a stiff neck, and down my arms. My upper body muscles in chest and shoulder and back are tender to the touch. My chest is tender to touch,

Does this seem concerning? I have finally gotten insurance effective yesterday but I can't afford the copay. But I NEED to go to the dr but my Dr won't see me so I'll have to go to urgent care or the ER. My appt w my new Dr isn't until March 1st.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated thank you!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
(female)

beige138 HB User
Re: I found a lump in my breast...looking for advice!

I understand that this is a very alarming situation for you. I have an aunt who is currently in stage 4 breast cancer (she has actually had this cancer for 20+ yrs), so I have an idea of what you are going through. You need to have this evaluate immediately. I don't mean to alarm you, but there is no natural reason you should be leaking any kind of fluid from your nipples unless you have recently given birth or are about to give birth. In all honesty, my aunt said she noticed her breasts leaking before she found a lump but never thought anything about the leaking until she found the lump.

the lumps next to armpit - sounds like your describing another set of swollen lymph nodes, both sets need to be evaluated immediately.

As for the costochondrotis- the pain and breathing your describing kinda sounds like it, but i've always thought it was much more painful (you may have a higher pain tolerance than other ppl so you might have it).

I don't understand why your dr won't see u, i'd suggest finding a new dr. But since you can't get in until march, I'd recommend going to the ER (they are going to be able to do more testing than an urgent care facility, and u don't want to go to them and be told to go to the E.R.). I hope everything works out for you.

Closed Thread