It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
(female)

GreenGal77 HB User
Urgent! Ectopic After Tubal?

I'm feeling really stupid here...I had a tubal ligation done in May, and I naturally assumed that meant I was safe with regards to sex and pregnancy (I'm 27). However, I broke up with my boyfriend right after my surgery and have not been sexually active since. I had a weekend encounter which is totally not like me...where I had sex a few times and because I knew and trusted the person and they had been checked out for STIs, I assumed we didn't need to use a condom. He still pulled out, but if I wasn't sterilized or on the pill I would never use the withdrawal method.

I've been having abnormal bleeding, very heavy with severe cramping. My last period ended on the 21st of December, and this bleeding started Monday night. Too early to be my period, but I do have endometriosis so I was basically just assuming that was the culprit. To be honest, it NEVER even crossed my mind that it could be an ectopic. Then a friend said to me that she had heard they are more common when you have a tubal because all the tubal does is prevent fertilization from occuring in the uterus, but it can still occur. Is this correct? If so I would think my doctor would have advised of this as (at the time) she knew I was in a monogamous relationship and likely to stop using condoms. I'm just really confused and scared...they did do a pregnancy test on me today and I will get the results tomorrow, gave me percocets for the pain and told me to stay on bed rest (I have severe anemia and I'm losing A LOT of blood)...however now I'm worried that maybe something else is going on.

Clearly I don't understand that procedure properly, so if anyone can clarify I would really appreciate it...maybe put my mind at ease a bit before bed.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
(female)

frd889 HB User
Re: Urgent! Ectopic After Tubal?

I would contact your doctor about the loss of blood.

Closed Thread