It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
(female)

SitoriTenshi HB User
Burning after Urination

My story starts about two weeks before Thanksgiving. I went on Augmenten (sp?) for a sinus infection. While on my 5/7th day I started to get a burning sensation when I peed. I thought it was a yeast infection so I treated it over the counter with Monistat one night treatment. It seemed to get better.. and then it came back. I went to the gynocologist and was told I had Bacterial Vaginosis, and was given a three-day treatment of oral Flagyl. I seemed fine for awhile, but then the burning after urination came back around mid-december. It did not go away. Then, I got a UTI, which was treated with Cipro(i think). Then not long after I went to the gynocologist and was told I had yeast. I was treated with the one-day pill for yeast. The burning went away for 5 days, then came back. Then I was put on Terconizole (sp?) vaginal suppository for 3 days.. it didn't go away. So I called my gyno and I was then given a 5 day regiment of Metronidazole gel suppository. I've now taken it for five days (i have 7 days worth so I think I'm going to take 7 days), and while I have improvement, I still have the burning. It ONLY burns after I urinate, and my labia and vaginal opening burn, not up inside. It burns for awhile and then goes away. I do not have a UTI, seeing as I self-treat myself for them now since my gynocologist gave me the prescription for it..

Has anyone had anythign similar happen, or know what I can do to help. I haven't been able to have sex with my boyfriend for almost a month and I haven't gone a day without some sort of burning. Help!!!

and p.s I have been taking probiotic acidopholus (sp?)

I would also like to add that I really don't think it is a UTI, because my urine tested negative last time I was at the gynocologist. Also, the burning is on the outside of my vagina, not in my urethra.

Edit: Addition. I just used an AZO test strip for UTI and my WBC came up with very very little purple (wbc positive). It was like barely speckled purple on the white. I'm so frustrated with this. Nitrate was negative, and I'm still pretty sure its not a UTI cause its not showing symptoms I've had with the other 5 UTIs I've had in the past year

Last edited by SitoriTenshi; 01-24-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Addition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
(female)

gmp377 HB User
Re: Burning after Urination

I have never experienced the burning during urination you are talking about. However, I do not about the constant back and forth with the gynecologist and never feeling like the symptoms are treated. For months, my vaginal opening was so itchy that I could not stand it. It would occassionally itch farther up in the vaginal canal, but for the most part is was concentrated on the labia and vaginal opening. My boyfriend wasn't allowed anywhere around me because it hurt too bad. I had scratched so much that the skin was inflamed and irritated. THEN it started to hurt to urinate because the acid in the urine was burning the broken skin and causing further irriation. I tried everything - OTC treatments like Monistat, etc, Azo Yeast (a "natural" supplement I found at the drug store), and finally went to the gynecologist and she prescribed Diflucan. It worked at the time, but made my heart race (one of the little known side effects listed on the drug insert.) However, the symptoms were back within a week. Finally, I was so sick of it that I was willing to try anything. I started drinking water and cranberry juice exclusively, cut the bread and refined sugar from my diet, and wore only cotton (breathable) panties. I applied an aloe-menthol natural cream I found at the health food store that was just for that "sensitive area." The symptoms improved drastically, but I was still bothered. As a last stich effort, I consulted a homeopathic doctor and he prescribed a natural supplement called Melia. It worked like a dream! Within a week, the itchy, inflammed feeling was gone and I was able to wear my sexy non-cotton panties again, haha. I still kept the refined sugars and most bread out of my diet as a precaution and I have not had any trouble since then. Maybe the burning is from a yeast infection of some sort afterall? I know what you are going through. I suffered with my problem for about a year before I got it sorted out.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
(female)

SitoriTenshi HB User
Re: Burning after Urination

Yea it is very frustrating. I haven't been able to have sex for about a month (we are talking about getting married, so we kinda would rather be able to). I would think that maybe it was some sort of irritation like small cuts or something to the outside, but I have barely even touched the area. I wash with just water and pat dry after urinating. Also it doesn't burn when I actually urinate, just afterward. I'm just tired of going in circles between BV and Yeast... I guess it is still possible it could be a urinary issue, but I just don't see it being a UTI

Closed Thread