It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
(female)

diffi HB User
yeast infection every time I have sex

For the last couple of years I have gotten a yeast infection EVERY TIME I have sex, or masturbate. About 1-3 days afterward I get a small amount of yellow-green discharge. (I normally have zero discharge.) And usually there is the classic white yeasty looking stuff on the inside of my vagina.

Symptoms improve while I'm treating yeast with creams, but once I stop using them the symptoms return. My vagina gets so irritated using the creams repeatedly that eventually I stop, apply Vagisil for a week or so, and eventually the irritation goes away. Until I have sex or masturbate ... then the cycle begins again.

This is a huge pain to me (and of course my poor husband).

I am usually self-diagnosing here, but any time I have been to the gyn the diagnosis is always yeast. I have taken every prescription med there is for yeast.

I am breastfeeding a baby now. This problem preceded my pregnancy, continued throughout my pregnancy, and continues now. So I don't think it's necessarily hormone-related.

I'm tired of being miserable and completely unable to enjoy my sexuality. If anyone has a solution I would love to hear ideas!

Old 01-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

babsie HB User
Re: yeast infection every time I have sex

It probably isn't a yeast infection. Could be Bacterial vaginosis. It's like a yeast infection but isn't treated with over the counter med's you treat yeasts with. Go to your gyno!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Has your husband been treated? If not, that's a prime place to start as he may be reinfecting you. Surprised your gyno hasn't suggested it.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

diffi: I saw a woman on Dr. Oz yesterday talking about her constant yeast infectiions. She was overweight and addicted to sugar. She ended up losing alot of weight and she said the infections went away. I guess too much sugar in your body creates an environment for the yeast to grow. Try eating some yogurt or take probiotics to get rid of it. It could be the BV too. You also need to be careful about cleaning yourself. You don't want any feces to get into that area. It will help the yeast to grow. Keep trying and don't give up.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
(female)

elizabeth314 HB User

hey diffi:

If you haven't seen a gyno for this, you probably should, just to receive an experts advice and potentially end the guessing game. From my experiences, sometimes what appears to be yeast is actually not yeast. Everyone's personal biology is unique - it is common to have a white starchy-like substance in the folds; this is just dead and shedding skin cells and can be easily removed with daily gentle washing. Normal discharge from your pelvis is clear to milky white. If you are experiencing other discharge, that could be due to internal washing - douching is TERRIBLE for you. Never attempt to wash yourself internally, your pelvis is biologically wired as a self cleaning mechanism. So if you rule all of that out...

Stress could be a culprit here. Hypothetical situation: Coincidentally, you have a yeast infection in the same time range as having sex with your husband. Psychologically and physically, this was a bad experience. The next time you anticipate a sexual encounter, you could be building subconscious anxiety, "oh uh, am i going to get another yeast infection?" Then, coincidentally again, you do get another yeast infection. Now you feel vindicated, and you connect sex with the infection, even though they still may be unrelated. Stress could be causing your infections, trust me.

Based on your reports of irritation, I would DEFINITELY advice you to stop with the otc medication. Instead, shower daily with gentle thorough external washing, even using summers eve or another feminine wash. After you get out of the shower, dry yourself using a blow dryer set on cold. Don't use heat, and don't use a towel on that area. Make sure you dry thoroughly, because air KILLS the bacterias. Spend as much time as possible exposing the area to air - this is the best treatment.

Ok, that's all I got for you. I assure you i do speak from extensive experience and remember to make an appt with your gyno! Good luck!

Closed Thread