It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

threemagnolias HB User
Chronic Vaginal Itching...

Hello Ladies,
I have been wanting to post my situation for some time. Hopefully someone in a similiar way can shed some light for me. I will try to be as detailed as I can with my story.
In april of 2008 I had unprotected sex with my bf at the time. two weeks following I developed burning and itching with a little discharge. the symptoms were only located on the lower half of my labia, and vagnial opening. not internal. the symptoms were constant and everyday. I tried over the counter med, tea tree oil, creams, etc. nothing worked. I went to my OBGYN she tested for STD which were negative, and did a culture with showed " mixed genital flora??". since she was sure I had a yeast infection before the culture results came back she prescribed Diflucan. Nothing work, the diflucan only my me sick to my stomach. Finally in July the symptoms just went away, as quickly as them arrived. So for 4 months I delt with the symptoms. I was sooo happy when they disappeared..
However in October of 2009 (one and 1/2 years since the start) the exactly same symptoms came back. itching and burning. The last time I had sex was in jan of 2009. In nove of 2009 I was tested for HIV, herpes 1 and 2, Hep c, hep b, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis all of which are negative.
I have not changed soaps, detergents, fabric softners, etc. wear cotton panties and do not wear tight clothing.
This is very upsetting because I thought the symptoms were gone. They are still present today. so it has been 4 months. I wish I could find an answer to why I have having the itching. I never had this problem until after the encounter in april 2008. Now I am afraid to be intimate with anyone for fear that I may have an undiagnosed STD.
I have an appt with my ob/gyn on the 25th of this month. any suggestions as to what I should asked to be tested for? has anyone experienced this situation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated..
Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User
Re: Chronic Vaginal Itching...

how about scented tampons?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
(female)

threemagnolias HB User

no I do not use them. I have not changed my personal hygine products. No new laudry soaps, etc. it is very frustrating

Old 02-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
(female)

ACurious1 HB User

Perhaps that sexual partner and your symptoms were only a coincidence, since all tests turned up negative.

Your gyn was certain it was a yeast infection yet the meds didn't work. Perhaps it is a more systemic infection. I mean, it could be present in your mouth and throughout your GI tract, too. Talk to your doctor about the possibility of a detox cleanse, to focus on eliminating sugars and vinegars, and foods that may carry mold, and bringing your pH levels into equilibrium.

I read somewhere here someone was only able to cure similar symptoms with a naturapath supplement called Candisol. There are so many threads on this symptom, take a look around.

Last edited by ACurious1; 02-20-2010 at 10:50 PM.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #5
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User
Unhappy Re: Chronic Vaginal Itching...

Hi,

I totally feel your pain!!! Ive have been suffering a similar problem to yours since July ( a total of 8 months now!). The best way I can describe my symptoms are just SEVERE CONSTANT itching. This itching is mainly around the opening of my vagina, vulva and sometimes anal too. Just like you I have tried everything you can imagine from changinig everything to "unscented" to OTC antiyeasts creams and tablets...to antibiotics...diet..to home remedies such as yogurt and probiotocs...EVERYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY THINK OF I PROBABLY TRIED IT! Doctors are not helpful at all. Nobody really knows whats wrong with me. They seem to all just guess. At first they were saying I had BV then yeast...just a bunch of guesses if you ask me. These Docs do not know as much as we may think they do so we have to take advantage of websites like these to educate each other and help each other!

Also, I tested neg for EVERYTHING just like you! So as of right now I have no idea whats wrong with me. I do not have a smell, nor abnormal discharge. Its just this CONSTANT itching that is driving me crazy! I know there any many skin fungal infections that cause itching at well but I honestly do not think my skin is the issue...have u ever thought of getting a skin biopsy? Also, did you do anything different during the time period that your sypmtoms stopped till they occured again?...What did your Doctor say that you visited in Jan? Have things gotten better for you? Lets keep in contact so we can get through this together!

Old 03-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
(female)

Just Tell Me HB UserJust Tell Me HB UserJust Tell Me HB UserJust Tell Me HB User

It's wise that you are seeing your Dr since you are experiencing a re-occurrance of symptoms and your Dr already has a baseline from past smears for cytology and histoloy in your chart as to the initial findings so that could be helpful in determining the culprit (s) that's causing your itching. It may sound far fetched but I think you should consider asking for a biopsy to check for litchen sclerosis, even if the tissue looks normal to the naked eye. It's one of the most overlooked possibilities and needs to be considered since this is a re-occurance of identical symptoms.
Also, yogurt consumption is a fantastic source of probiotics that can help stabilize "flora" thought out the entire body, not just the GI tract. You might want to experiment to see if a cup of yogurt a day for a week or two helps to reduce or eliminate the itching.

Good luck, I hope you get relief soon!

Old 03-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
(female)

threemagnolias HB User

Hello everyone,
Thank you so much for the support and advice..
I will say that my symptoms have seemed to be a bit better. I have been soaking in baths with salt, vinger, warm water.. that seems to help a lot.. And on some days I have no itching at all...Which I am very happy about..
I still feel very frustrated as I do not know the reason behind everything.
I went to my GYN last month and had a normal pap and neg for HPV. She stated that some women have ezcema in the vagina area. She gave me a script for some steroid cream.. I have only used it a few times.. The baths seem to help better, so I am sticking with that..
Interesting info.. I am currently have my period and I have not had any itching at all... With no sitz bath... Very strange....

Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #8
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

hey ladies...thanks for the response...I dont think this is a skin condition with me because I have some occasionally discharge that is yellowish, thick and sticky and has a stronggg order of "beer" which I read indicates yeast. Also, diflucan is the only med that seemed to help so I really think its yeast but I keep testing neg for everything....I will still look into this condition though and maybe I should get a biopsy...thanks!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
(female)

itchyformonths HB User

wow unbeliveable I have the same problem!!!! are you still itching >>i have had this ich 5 months alomost everyday i went to the dr 6 times no help !!! did you get treatment

Old 06-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #10
(female)

Ria88 HB User

I have the same problem, realllly itchy! it gets so bad that i usually have raw irritated skin from scratching. I've been treated for bv which i thought was causing this but even after that goes away this doesn't! really frustrating, what are you trying???

Old 06-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #11
(female)

itchyformonths HB User

sorry but I have tried everything and NOTHING!!!! has cured it i still itch everyday it took over my life its so so so bad!!!!! I have been to the doctor 6 times no cure!!!!i tested for everything NEGITIVE stdS NEGITIVE yeast NEGITIVE diabeties NEGITIVE hiv NEGITIVE all bllodwork NEGItive I have no smell or dischage just a itch !!!! the only think that helps it i dont wear jeans!!!!! just skirts or dresses that helped about 60%

Closed Thread