It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
(female)

Dfix HB User
Question Anyone used the Vagisll Screening Test ?

I have had a ongoing problem for about 2 years and I'll try to give the short version. My problem is or was bad vaginal itching only, no discharge. After many over the counter med and doctor visits and them giving me medication that did not work,it would get better but never completely left (was told minor yeast and due to menopause). I decided to change doctors and saw a new gyn. Told her my problem and she took a swap and decided to look under the microscope and to my extreme surprise told me I had trich. I preceded to tell her that was impossible, divorced and not sexual active for years. She said new study has shown their are other ways and mentioned some including from public hot tubs. Well as it turned out I had over the years went on many mini vacations and always headed for the hot tube so.......Anyway she gave me medication and within a day it was like night and day, don't recall the name of the medication. Anyway after about 2 weeks nothing but then on occasion notice a tiny bit of itch again. So went back to the doctor and she looked under the microscope again, saying though that the trich was gone but that their was a minor yeast that she must of not noticed the last time. She of course gave me Duflucan, took it and it left though in a week or so came back (still a tiny bit), got the Duflucan refilled and same thing. I then decided to buy the Vagisll Screening Test to see what it showed, took it and strip showed mustard color & a little green about a 5.0. The doctor had also earlier gave me some cream that I had stopped so I decided to use that for a few days and then retake the test. The itching was just a tiny tiny bit and only a couple times a day but did not want this to escalate so was wanting to find out the problem. I then (a few days ago) took the Vagisll test again only this time it showed WAY WORSE, the strip was black at the 7.0. Now I am extremely confused in what is going on. First of all after taking the test learned on the Vagisll website that the test are not for those that are in menopause due to some levels, yet the first one I took was way different and only the 5.0. So want to know if anyone has any experience with these test and if they do not work on woman in menopause? I am going to make another doctor's appointment and though it is not that bad itch wise I am really baffled. Sorry this is so long.

Last edited by Dfix; 03-02-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
(female)

pinkrobot HB User
Re: Anyone used the Vagisll Screening Test ?

I'm not sure on the menopause thing...but if your pH is measuring up and down like that there's always the possibility you have a pH imbalance, which could also cause the symptoms you've been having. Either way it's best to see your doctor again to find out for sure.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
(female)

Dfix HB User
Re: Anyone used the Vagisll Screening Test ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrobot View Post
I'm not sure on the menopause thing...but if your pH is measuring up and down like that there's always the possibility you have a pH imbalance, which could also cause the symptoms you've been having. Either way it's best to see your doctor again to find out for sure.
Well I am, it just takes awhile to get a appointment and just wanted to know if anyone knew for sure what those results on that test mean. I am referring to the 4.5 5.0 ect on the card that comes with it. It does state that the lower end is usually a yeast infection but the only thing it say on the 7.5 is that it may be another vaginal infection and just wondering what that could be given my only symptom is itching.

Closed Thread