It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
(female)

kafish67 HB User
retroverted uterus

Several years ago I had a protrusion in my right groin and was told I had an inguinal hernia. I went to a surgeon who said it should be repaired especially if I was planning a pregnancy. I never had it done and ended up getting pregnant without incident. Fast forward 5 years. The protrusion is still there with pain in my lower back, numbness in my right leg, pain/discomfort through my right hip. I went to another OB/GYN with my concern. He did not feel it was the hernia causing the symptoms. When he did the exam I felt a weird pressure/pain in my right pelvic area. He also told me my uterus was retroverted(tilted back) and to the right side, but I think it was like that when I was pregnant. I also remember a small cyst was found on my right ovary when I was pregnant but was told that was common and it would more than likely would go away on own. He said that something might be pulling it to the right, like a cyst, tumor, endometriosis etc, and am scheduled for an ultrasound on Friday. I'm nervous needless to say. My symptoms are more pronounced, not necessarily pain but a feeling of discomfort, like a tugging. I think he is wrong about the hernia...I think I need it repaired. I have a definite pressure/pulling i my right groin. But can it cause the other symptoms or could it be something with my ovaries. Did the cyst not go away? I've been researching the anatomy of hernias and what I found was that the round ligament of the uterus runs through the inguinal canal. That ligament of course is attached to the uterus which helps in keeping it in place. Am I onto something? Anyone have any thoughts? Any advice would be appreciated.

Kelley

Last edited by kafish67; 03-14-2010 at 09:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread