It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
(female)

jewelz3617 HB User
Question Laparoscopic Surgery & Uterus Procedure

Greetings!

I am a 24 year old female that has been on birth control for many years. About a year ago, I started getting my period twice per month. My OB/GYN changed my birth control and it has not stopped. We have done two internal ultrasounds and she has been unable to locate my left ovary on both ultrasounds. I had a pelvic MRI done however I am allergic to the dye therefore it did not help much.

My OB/GYN has scheduled for me to have laparoscopic surgery to go in and see if endometriosis is the culprit to my stabbing pain, especially with bowel movements, as well as she will insert a small camera into my uterus to see if I have any polyps.

My question is, is there more to this that she did not disclose because I started crying when she told me this is the next step? What could she possibly encounter during these procedures?

I have had bowel issues for the past year and my primary care doc thought it may just be IBS. I had a colonoscopy done and I also had my gallbladder removed last year. Both went well and I have not had complications.

Are these procedures typical for what I am experiencing?...

Thank you in advance!

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
New Study Raises Questions About Laparoscopic & Robotically Assisted Prostatectomies shs50 Cancer: Prostate 8 10-20-2009 05:27 PM
Laparoscopic, or "minimally invasive," fundoplication surgery huckfinn Acid Reflux / GERD 4 04-08-2008 09:25 AM
Laparoscopic surgery CynwithCIN Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 9 01-17-2008 01:28 PM
open vs. laparoscopic resection ember919 Bowel Disorders 3 03-02-2007 11:56 PM
Laparoscopic pyeloplasty jez1973 Kidney Disorders 3 04-22-2006 04:19 PM