It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
(female)

sixtymonroes HB User
labiaplasty stitches come undone!

I had labiaplasty on the NHS 11 days ago. One side is healing well, but the other swelled and bruised a lot straight away. My problem is that the stitches on thi side have really come apart and now I have a bggaping hle with a big scab inside it that is weeping. Been to the hospital and the dr told me it would heal on its own, but am so worried as it basically looks like my labia is in two halves, and it has been 11 days now and it looks so far off healing! I am already on antibiotics, and have been having salt baths twice a day, although i'm worried that these have helped the stitches dissolve and are stopping the wound from knitting together?
Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Am so worried!

Old 03-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: labiaplasty stitches come undone!

I would get back to your doctor. 11 days seems like time for healing to have progressed nicely. I am sorry you are going through this...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
(female)

sixtymonroes HB User

I went back to the docs today, and she confirmed that she thinks it will heal on its own. But it looks about 1cm wide and deep, so it's quite a big hole!
She also said there's a chance that it will heal in two halves. So scared!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I'm so sorry...I am surprised your doctor is taking such a cavalier approach. Why would she expect it to heal in two halves? That just doesn't sound right. Was this a cosmetic surgery, (I don't know what labiaplasty is all about) or a structural matter?

Old 03-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
(female)

sixtymonroes HB User

Thanks for replying, writeleft.
I guess the procedure could come under cosmetic surgery, although I had mine done by the NHS because my inner labia were very enlarged and caused me lots of problems.
The procedure basically involved trimming them down so they weren't as long.
Because of the location of the operation, it is quite easy for stitches to burst, as the wound is being moved everytime you move!
My doctor isn't the same person as my surgeon - as it's the NHS, you don't get to see your surgeon if anything goes wrong, you have to be referred back to the hospital (and a different person, usually) by your doctor.
Well, I'm gona try not to do much and hope for the best!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Sounds like a good plan...take it easy, and try not to worry... as long as there is no infection, and the doctor thinks its healing properly.

Wishing you the best!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #7
(female)

julusha HB User

good luck to you! i can imagine! it really means a lot!

i'm checking these blogs because a very close friend of my is thinking about the same surgery. one of our friends recommended dr hanna from oxnard from la nouvelle vaginal rejuvenation center. she says he is very professional, nice and attentive to his patients and hope she will have a good experience. can anybody recommend him (dr hanna)?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
(female)

tynkergirl HB User
Unhappy Re: labiaplasty stitches come undone!

Hopefully people are still looking at this thread, i cant figure out how to make a new one, i just started this sight. I am really considering a labiaplasty and i am very nervous. I am 25, and i just hate how large they are. I get urinary tract infections so often, and the get chapped and crack, and are painful. ive looked at before and after shots, and i still havent seem one that had them as large as mine are in the before shot. plus, sometimes when my bf and i have sex, when he goes inside of me, he pushes them in, ow. talk about a mood killer. plus, im always months late on my yearly pap because i dont want people to see them. my bf doesnt mind them, he said whatever i choose to do, hell support me. but he knows how much i hate them, and he thinks i should do it, because he thinks ill be much happier if i do.
But, i seem to be finding so many horror stories about the procedure, and nothing really good. I am so nervous, because this isnt something you can go back on, and its such a private part of your body.
any advice would really help.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
(female)

loobylu16 HB User

hi just wondering how you are now some 7 months on? im having it done nhs end of sept x

Old 09-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #10
(female)

LkK2507 HB User

Im not sure who still need or wants advice on this subject. I had Labiaplasty about 6 years ago. I had my one by a plastic sergeon and he did a great job. I had it done in the manner where they cut out a "triangle" then sew the 2 edges back together. I didnt have problems with my stitches or anything but I can give some warnings. They will turn some crazy colors with the bruising. mine even got kinda hard! which was crazy.. Over all it was not bad at all. I think I had to take it easy for a couple days. I dont remeber it being a whole week or anything.

The reason I got mine done was the same. Mine were always larger.. and they were a bit thicker on the end. I felt like when I was in my early 20 I went through some kind of hormonal change or something where they would get kinda swollen and sensatives during certain times of the month so all of a sudden wearing tighter jeans etc. was very uncomfortable. I was WELL worth it.

Unfurtunately I went through ALOT of agony before the surgury going from Gyno to Gyno, trying to figure out what in the HECK was wrong with me! Why did these things Ive always had all of a sudden bother me! one Gyno had the audacity to tell me I was just worried about what I looked like down there and needed to get over it! That was HARDLY my issues.

Anyway, I would recommend having it done if you are having issues. make sure and have it done by a good professional. I dont know what an NHS is?

Last edited by LkK2507; 09-16-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:31 AM   #11
(female)

loobylu16 HB User

oh sorry didnt realise you are from america! nhs is the good old national health service, so costs nothing to have done! many thanks for your advice x

Old 11-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #12
(female)

MissLove HB User

Hi sixtymonroes...

I had mine done 13 days ago, and my stitches came undone too. It's a nightmare! If you see this post by any chance, can you update us and let us know what happened and how it healed? I'm soooooooooooo worried, stressed, and depressed!!

Closed Thread