It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
(female)

Dees1977 HB User
Been on flagyl for 12 days for bacterial vaginosis

Hi. I am 33 and married and currently taking Yaz for my endometriosis. Well I took an antibiotic about a month ago for a sinus infection. Well the next week I started feeling a little itchy and raw down there. I had a increase in vaginal discharge it was very thin and milky. I went to my doctor who did an exam and it turns out I had bv. So she gave me 7 days of flagyl and some diflucan. Well I went back on the 7th day and I still had bv and a little bit of yeast. So she gave me 7 more days of flagyl and some more diflucan. Well I am on the 12th day and now on my period and I still feel the same. A little itchy raw and very hot feeling. I have been eating plain yogurt and I have started taking fem dophilus and have not had sex. Why isn't this helping? I am taking every precaution. No scented soaps taking showers. Please help. I thought about putting apple cider vinegar in my bath water. Why didnt the flagyl help?

Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

amelillo13 HB User
Re: Been on flagyl for 12 days for bacterial vaginosis

I am sorry to read about yet another woman having this same problem. Once your vaginal flora gets out of whack, it can become very difficult to get it all back to normal. Sounds like you are doing everything right. You may just need a longer course of antibiotics. Having your period sometimes messes up the pH, and that may be why you aren't seeing improvement yet. Kind of counteracts what the meds would be doing. I've been battling the same sort of thing for a long time. Keep talking with your doctor. She may need to do additional tests, like sending out a swab of discharge for growth to see what bacteria is causing it and what medication it'll respond to.

Are you on the flagyl in pill form or cream? I respond better to the cream than I do the pill. Also, sometimes when flagyl doesn't work, Clindamycin will, so you may want to give that a try.

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-06-2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Removed Quote from immediately preceeding post. Please use "Quick" reply rather than "Quote" reply. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
(female)

Dees1977 HB User

I am on the oral flagyl.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:25 AM   #4
(female)

tictactalk HB User

I was given flagyl for 7 days only. BV is really recurrent so I think the drug only cures it temporarily.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:25 AM   #5
(female)

nyuszisue HB User

Maybe you need to try different things, until you find what is going to help you. I've tried garlic , apple cider vinegar, femdophillus, tee tree oil, nothing seems to get rid off it. best luck !

Closed Thread