It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

gems123 HB User
First period

How long after you get the mucus do your first periods start?

Old 03-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User
Re: First period

So long ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday. For me, it was pretty much a day. I remember I had the WORST cramps ever (which I still get!) and was supposed to be running errands with my dad. I couldn't get out of the car. I remember thinking, well maybe this is what my period is. Went to the bathroom and nothing. Later that night, I wipes and saw a bit of pinkish. Told my mom, wore a pad, and by the next day, there she was. I didn't get it again for about 3 months tho.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I remember the day too, 36 years ago. It was the night before the first day at a new school...I was nervous, and I had been in a foreign country for the last five years, and felt like a real dork. That night I got the weirdest backache, and my mom told it me it was probably nerves...

Well, about an hour into the first day, it started. I was wearing white pants, and my mother never had told me anything. I went to the girls room and saw blood, I was shocked and too embarrassed to ask anyone. I made it all the way through the whole day with those cheap wax paper-like bathroom sheets, rode my bike home 2 1/2 miles and rushed into the bathroom.

My mom had a kit under the sink with the instructions, and to the day we have never spoken of periods at all.

Thank goodness things have changed, and new we can talk about this. You will probably have some pretty clear signs before it happens...Good luck!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
(female)

gems123 HB User
Thumbs up Re: First period

thankss how long is the longest do you think you have the mucus before you actually start your periods?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I honestly do not remember any mucous...sorry. I would look out for other signals, such as cramps or a backache.

Closed Thread