It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
(female)

lollipop101 HB User
Could I Be Pregnant???

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me! i am 18 and am currently on the contraceptive pill (mycrogynon 30ED) and i take it everyday. On Saturday i fell ill with the sickness bug, i was very sick. i felt better the next day so me and my boyfriend met up and we had sex. I had taken my pill like normal, Saturday and sunday, but i heard that after being sick that you should wait 7 days but i only heard this today?? =| im a bit worried now as i was violently sick that day but was only once that day and then i seemed ok! is there a chance i could be pregnant or is that just something someone has said to wind me up? also how soon can i test, do i have to wait till my period to see or can i test a bit sooner?

thank you for any advice it is much appreciated x

Old 03-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Could I Be Pregnant???

I think it depends a little on which pill you are taking. I was taking jolessa. It's a 90 day pill and then you have your cycle. You are allowed two days of missing before a problem arises. But I believe others are just one. If you can go online and look up the info on your pill, you may better be able to understand. Having said that........I had never heard that either when I was on the pill. Also, taking antibiotics can weaken the effectiveness of it. I 3 cycles of antibiotics for a lung infection that would not go away. They caused diahrea for a couple days. I am now 12 weeks pregnant. And I NEVER missed a pill. So it is possible. Good luck to you.
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
(female)

lollipop101 HB User

Thank You For Writing Back, I Am On The Everyday Pill I Take Three Weeks Of It And Then Have A Week Off Them But Take The White Non Active Ones Instead Ermm I Just Read On The Informatiion That Should Use Another Type Of Contraception If Have Sickness And Diarhea But I Never Knew That Before =S What Is Your Advice? Im Slightly More Worried Now =\ Lol Aww Are You Pleased About Your News =) x

Old 03-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Well I wasnt at first. This is number 4 and I really didnt want anymore kids. Number 3 was a surpris also. I was pretty much done at two. But I love my third and I will love my fourth too. But it's definately time for me to get fixed! Anywho, as far as what you should do, the only thing you can do is wait it out to know for sure. The odds of this happening to anyone are really not very high.........but it does happen. If I were you, I wouldnt stress about it, because if you get really stressed out, sometimes your period will delay and I think that would further your anxiety right now. I think I would just play it cool and wait it out. Good luck to you!
Melissa

Old 03-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Oh, I forgot to tell you, they say that it takes a 30 minutes for the med to go through your blood stream. So If it was in there for 30 min before you got sick, you should be just fine.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
(female)

lollipop101 HB User

Oh thank you for your advice it has helped tremendously and im not worried now as i wasn't illfor a good few hours after taking it thank you so much it is very much appreciated, i hope your well, how far gone are you? am sure you vertainly will love your baby just as much as the others, and why dont you go to the doctors about 'sorting yourself out'? lol take care of yourself and speak soon thanks again
lollipop

Old 03-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I'm 13 weeks pregnant right now. And as far as going to the doc to get myself sorted out, they wouldn't do it after my first two because they said I was too young. Then after my third, I delivered in a catholic hospital......they dont believe in sterilization. So, I figured I would just be extra safe this time around........so much for that! And here I am today. Right now there isn't anything I can do for obvious reasons, but afterward, I absolutely intend to have something done about this. Anywho, I'm glad you were able to calm down a little. Good luck to you!
Melissa

Old 03-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #8
(female)

lollipop101 HB User

Aww well i hope everything goes perfectly for you
and thank you very much for helping me and good luck to you too, and i hope to hear the happy news when he/she is born good luck and take care
many thanks again
Lollipop x

Old 11-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
(female)

lollipop101 HB User

Hey Melissa, I've just come on here after a long time not being on, and saw my old post on here and wanted to see how you are, and the baby? Don't know if he/she would be born yet or not, but hoping things are going well? Just thought I'd drop a line =) take care of yourself x

Closed Thread