It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
(female)

lungi HB User
Unhappy Pregnancy at work place

Hi,
I am a woman in her mid twenties and I found out I was pregnant a week later I received a promotion at work. I had to undergo some training as part of my promotion and my training was supposed to be only three months long. When I strated my training no-one knew I was expecting the baby and I did not want to say a word about because it was still very early. But later on during my last month of training I had to open up so I told my manager that I was pregnant. The reason I am writing this email is because once they found out about my pregnancy they treated me so differenlty. They told me that my training was going to be longer and when I asked why, they do not give me the straight answer. I am now seven months pregnant and am still on "training" which is killing me so bad inside. I sometimes feel like I am being discriminated because I have actually studies all I needed to study in order for me to commence work on my new position, but you won't belive if I tell you that every morning I come and sit at work and do nothing while other people work. Please can somebody advise me. Am I being discriminated or is it just my imagination.

Closed Thread