It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 03:00 AM   #1
(female)

mikmik HB User
Should request blood test or not?

First let me say I have always had regular periods - always 28 days apart. The only time I ever never had one was when I was pregnant (two times).

I am also on no form of birth control (that includes condoms).

On February 17 was the start of my LMP.

I was sexually active the 27, 28, and 1st.

About fourteen hours later on the 1st I began to lightly spot, lasted no more than a few hours. Which caused me concern cause I have never spotted between periods (or just never noticed). On the 15th I began to spot again. This time just as light.

On the 20th I took a pregnancy test and again on the 24th (doctor). Both were done with urine.

What I am wondering is if I should chalk it up as not being pregnant or request a blood test in case there was not enough HCG showing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 03:21 AM   #2
(female)

mikmik HB User
Re: Should request blood test or not?

Additional: I wanted to also add that both test were not done with first morning urine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Should request blood test or not?

So you still havent had your cycle this month? Hmmmm, well, you could request a blood test or you could just wait a little while and retest on a urine test. I found this last time that the tests at the doc uses are not as sensitive as the at home urine tests. I tested neg. but was in fact pregnant. I guess it really depends on how anxiouse you are to know. I would definately abstain from anything potentially harmful right now, just to be on the safe side. Having said all that, for some reason I get very anxious about these situations and I HAVE TO KNOW!!!! I'd be in the doctors getting a bloodtest and then buying as many different kinds of urine test as I could find to pee on while I waited for my blood test results. But others are much more calm about it then me. No matter which way you decide to go, I hope you get the results your looking for. Good luck to you.
Melissa

Closed Thread