It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
(female)

SammiH HB User
Post Novasure Endometrial Ablation Tiredness

Hi All,
I had the procedure on Monday 22nd March, so 4 days ago. I was worried about the general anaesthetic as last time I didn't recover from it and had to stay in overnight. This time I had low blood pressure for about an hour, but managed to go home same day.
I'm having mild cramps and light pink bleeding. Main problem is I feel so tired. I think I overdid it yesterday, as the bloodflow increased after I carried some shopping. Today, I tried some cleaning and same thing happened. Consultant told me I would be fine in a couple of days after procedure, but I feel really tired all the time and can't be bothered to do anything in the afternoons. Any physical exertion (eg walking the dogs) makes the blood come out quicker and I feel slightly nauseous.
I was anaemic before the procedure, but didn't take the iron tablets recommended as they make me constipated. After the procedure I have been constipated and very bloated, so not keen to restart the iron. They didn't comment on or take any bloods from me before or after the procedure. I'm not due to see the doctor for 3 months for a post-op check - is this normal? I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday, but I just feel depressed and am dreading it.
I just want to sleep all the time - anyone else had this experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: Post Novasure Endometrial Ablation Tiredness

You will be tierd for a bit....It took me 6 weeks to be back to normal everyone is different......I take easy iron from puritans pride no stomach issues at all from them or constipation......And everthing bothers me....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
(female)

mollyfan HB User
Re: Post Novasure Endometrial Ablation Tiredness

Hi I had it last Wednesday (3/31/10). Similar light bleeding to what you're describing. I find that I'm easily fatigued as well, but I was not anemic before the procedure, so that's probably typical after any surgery. Pain pills can cause constipation, so I've been eating a huge bowl of stawberries every morning and drinking a ton of water - it seems to help. Good luck.

Closed Thread