It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User
Yeast Free Diet! Cure for vaginal yeast infection??

Hi Ladies,

To learn more about this awful situation I've been dealing with for almost 9 months go to my first thread "Chronic vaginal irritation for several months! Help!" Long story short, I've been suffering from a chronic intense itch/burning sensation internally/externally of my vagina and even on my anus and slight abnormal discharge. Anyway I wrote this additional post to discuss the "yeast free diet." Eating a "yeast free diet" is meant to inhibit growth of yeast within the body. I've read from many sources that a yeast free diet will help me cure my vaginal yeast infection so the last couple of days I've been experimenting by following this diet, especially avoiding sugars and starch. I even heard from other ladies on here that this is an affective treament. I feel so happy to say that within only the last couple of days, I've noticed slight relief with my symptoms while following this diet and taking Fluconazole! My itching seemed to have slightly decrease and is not as intense! I want to continue to follow this diet but it is very hard to do. Especially for me because I am a college student who lives on campus so I only have the option to eat the school cafeteria food (I never cook my own food here). Therefore I have limited options and I never know the ingredients that is used. So far I have been eating eggs, meet, veggies, salad, nuts etc. I've researched what foods specifically to avoid and what to eat so I'm pretty sure I am well informed. But I would love to hear from others who dealt with a similar situation. Does anyone know a lot about this diet or tried it before? Does anyone recommend any specific alternative foods that I dont have to make myself? Has anyone been cured by following this diet who suffered a vaginal yeast infection? I'm praying that by taking the Fluconazole and following this diet, I will be able to knock this chronic issue out! Thank you for reading!

Last edited by SweetPea143; 03-26-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
(female)

pinkrobot HB User
Re: Yeast Free Diet! Cure for vaginal yeast infection??

I've been dealing with a mystery vaginal condition now for a couple years, and last year I read all about how the diet was supposed to be a "miracle cure" so I gave it a shot. I did a TOTAL anti-candida diet (absolutely no sugar, no yeast, and incredibly minimal carbs...basically lived off of meat & non-starch veggies) for a couple of months, and it sadly did nothing for my symptoms. Nothing at all. I take it from that that my problems aren't yeast-related. And on top of that, it made me incredibly sick. I was eating constantly, but because of my limitations I wasn't getting proper nutrition and I was throwing up a lot and losing tons of weight.

The only thing I would really caution you about is that once you're really into the diet, if you go through a "relapse" of any kind and overindulge on sweets or carbs you're going to be at a much higher risk for a nasty yeast infection. So if you ever decide to go back to a normal diet, make sure you ease back into it by incorporating sweets, carbs, etc. slowly back into your daily snacks and meals, rather than quitting this diet cold turkey.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User
Re: Yeast Free Diet! Cure for vaginal yeast infection??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrobot View Post
I've been dealing with a mystery vaginal condition now for a couple years, and last year I read all about how the diet was supposed to be a "miracle cure" so I gave it a shot. I did a TOTAL anti-candida diet (absolutely no sugar, no yeast, and incredibly minimal carbs...basically lived off of meat & non-starch veggies) for a couple of months, and it sadly did nothing for my symptoms. Nothing at all. I take it from that that my problems aren't yeast-related. And on top of that, it made me incredibly sick. I was eating constantly, but because of my limitations I wasn't getting proper nutrition and I was throwing up a lot and losing tons of weight.

The only thing I would really caution you about is that once you're really into the diet, if you go through a "relapse" of any kind and overindulge on sweets or carbs you're going to be at a much higher risk for a nasty yeast infection. So if you ever decide to go back to a normal diet, make sure you ease back into it by incorporating sweets, carbs, etc. slowly back into your daily snacks and meals, rather than quitting this diet cold turkey.

Hey pinkrobot!
Thanks for responding! GOOD TO KNOW! I actually only managed to follow the diet for a week and then I stopped...It is too hard for me to follow here at school and I felt as though my body was growing very weak. I was getting really tired, alwaysss hungry and at times I even felt like I was going to faint! Although I received some relief, I figured it was not worth making myself ill or possibly passing out when I least expected it ....Now I am off the Diflucan and taking Candex and tea tree oil...I am noticing a little relief but I dont know...I think when I eat bread and sugar my symptoms seem to worsen ...I really dont know what to do at this point....

Closed Thread