It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #1
(female)

kmcsp HB User
What could this mean?

Hello ladies! This month I ovulated very late...day 18 or 19 of my cycle. I am currently on day 23. For the last 5 days I have been experiencing mild ovulation-type pain in my lower left pelvic area. It was more painful the first two days, and since then has gotten lighter. Now I really only feel it right as I sit down. What I am feeling in its place now is a mild crampy feeling in my left hip and lower back on the left side. I am concerned because this is happening only on the one side. I worry about cysts or endometriosis. I don't think I need to worry about ectopic pregnancy this early, do I? Or, does anyone think these could be early pregnancy symptoms? Boobs arent' sore, not fatigued..no other classic symptoms. Any suggestions? I also had a similar spell like this almost two years ago. The pain was so bad that I doubled over at work and went to the doctor that day. It only lasted one day though. My gyno has given me no concerns about health though, and my pap smear and labs were all normal in October....

Old 03-29-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

srivera HB User
Re: What could this mean?

One sided pain is worrysome because of like you mentioned with cysts. If the pain continues I would schedule a visit with your doctor and let them know that it may be a cyst as they will do an ultrasound to confirm or rule out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
(female)

kmcsp HB User

Thank you for your response! Do you know if cyst pain also refers to lower back pain? I am experiencing that mildly, too.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

srivera HB User

Just about any abdominal pain can refer through due to being inside the peritoneum and sending pain outward. Ovarian, or fallopian pain certainly would fit this category.

Closed Thread