It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
(male)

jessenam HB User
very severe menstrual pain?

What should I do as I watched my daughter groan and cry as she is suffering from a very severe menstral pain?

Old 04-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User
Re: very severe menstrual pain?

How old is she? I got my period at 12 and from 12 to 24 I suffered from horrible cramps. HORRIBLE. Death was desirable in comparison to cramps. It felt like someone was digging a knife from ovary to ovary. I tried everything: tylenol 3, celebrex, vioxx, bextra, tylenol arthritis, and a few other things. Oh did I mentioned I developed an allergic reaction to aleve and other NSAIDS???? YEAAA! So I would take so much tylenol and nothing helped. I found these pills in the Dominican Republic which are the only things that helped A BIT. They are called Sertal Compuesto. Seriously the best. Long story short, for the past 6 months or so, I've gone on birth control and it has saved my life. No more anxiety about my period and cramps!!!!! The anxiety was the 'OMG what if I get my period and I don't have my pills!' or 'What if I run out, will I survive it?'

However, today, out of all days, I have horrible cramps . I took a Sertal Compuesto maybe 15 mins ago and I'm feeling much better.

My heart goes out to your daughter. I hope you able to find something that works. I know my mother always tried to drink Noni? Supposedly that helps, but I never drank it. Heat packs are the best. Their are these Therma Care packs at drugstore that stick to the inside of underwear that heats up (for about 8hrs) which helps if she needs to be in motion (school, work, whatever). I usually have a pack at work and at home- you always have to be prepared!! I also ALWAYS carry pain killers, just in case. The trick is to take them BEFORE the pain. If you take them while your in pain, it takes forever before you feel relief. Eventually she'll know her body and know when she's getting her period. So if she can learn to start taking pills a day or 2 before her period, cramps will be easier to deal with- notice I said easier- there is always some pain . Also, tell her to keep track of her period on a calendar. This can help her predict her cycle and she can start taking pain killers prior.

Good luck to you and your daughter. Oh, and I also loved it when my mom rubbed my tummy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Two Aleve could help. It was originally a scrip for cramps...

Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User

Went through the same thing with one of my daughters. One month though I came home and she was on the floor crying in pain.
Took her to the doctor the next day and he put her in the hosiptal. They believe she had an ovarian cyst that had burst. Now we think that is why her periods had been so painful; cysts.
Have her checked out if it continues.

Closed Thread