It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

pinkrobot HB User
discharge & irritation--ever heard this explanation???

To all the ladies who, like me, have been suffering long-term from discharge and irritation and have been continuously treated (unsuccessfully) with antibiotics and antifungals: has your doctor ever offered the explanation of being "allergic" to a certain man or men?

I saw a new doctor last night for a second opinion (my regular gyno wanted me to get laser surgery and I didn't trust that decision), and he explained that I may be having a long-term allergic reaction to...well, men.

This explanation came after I told him how my symptoms started after I ended one relationship and then had sex with a new boyfriend. He said some women are allergic to some men's body oils and, while the reaction usually doesn't last 2 years (how long I've had my symptoms), it's still highly plausible this would explain what's happening to me.

Has anyone else ever heard this before?

Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
(female)

model1979 HB User
Re: discharge & irritation--ever heard this explanation???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrobot View Post
To all the ladies who, like me, have been suffering long-term from discharge and irritation and have been continuously treated (unsuccessfully) with antibiotics and antifungals: has your doctor ever offered the explanation of being "allergic" to a certain man or men?

I saw a new doctor last night for a second opinion (my regular gyno wanted me to get laser surgery and I didn't trust that decision), and he explained that I may be having a long-term allergic reaction to...well, men.

This explanation came after I told him how my symptoms started after I ended one relationship and then had sex with a new boyfriend. He said some women are allergic to some men's body oils and, while the reaction usually doesn't last 2 years (how long I've had my symptoms), it's still highly plausible this would explain what's happening to me.

Has anyone else ever heard this before?
Yes i have heard of this. i am very sensitive to bacteria, fungus and men i guess! i was just like you and had infections all the time. since i work out daily i also tend to get irritataion from the bike (spinnning). what works for me is to cut out most sugars, as this will only feed the yeast, along with carbs (again, yeast). Also, i use metronidozole .75 once a week to prevent infections. i have a feeling all the meds you r on might be making this issue worse. since meds affect your PH this will throw your levels off and can cause infections. have you even heard of vaginosis? i was diagnosed with this at 15, way way b4 i was sexually active. there is a more scientific name for it, however, i have no idea what its called! its not an infection..more like a contant irritation. burning, discharge. it appears to be related to the immune system.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
(female)

pinkrobot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by model1979 View Post
Yes i have heard of this. i am very sensitive to bacteria, fungus and men i guess! i was just like you and had infections all the time. since i work out daily i also tend to get irritataion from the bike (spinnning). what works for me is to cut out most sugars, as this will only feed the yeast, along with carbs (again, yeast). Also, i use metronidozole .75 once a week to prevent infections. i have a feeling all the meds you r on might be making this issue worse. since meds affect your PH this will throw your levels off and can cause infections. have you even heard of vaginosis? i was diagnosed with this at 15, way way b4 i was sexually active. there is a more scientific name for it, however, i have no idea what its called! its not an infection..more like a contant irritation. burning, discharge. it appears to be related to the immune system.
I've tried the candida diet (which eliminates sugars, carbs, and yeast) a couple of times and it never changed my symptoms. I'm not on any meds, haven't been for a long time. I've had my pH tested by the doctors over and over, and it's not a pH issue (mine's always normal).

Last edited by pinkrobot; 04-01-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Absolutely! I had a problem with it with one particular person. My doctor felt it would eventually go away once my body got used to him but it didn't.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
(female)

pinkrobot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Absolutely! I had a problem with it with one particular person. My doctor felt it would eventually go away once my body got used to him but it didn't.
Are you still with the same person? If not, did it go away once you stopped seeing him? I split up from the guy who supposedly "caused" it almost 2 years ago and I still have symptoms...I have had a couple different partners since then, but I've also had several long periods of no sexual activity and with each guy since then we've always used a condom. So this whole idea is just confusing to me!

Closed Thread