It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
(female)

blue712 HB User
Can I have a baby?

I want to have children, but I worry that I may not be able to carry them. I am 5'0 and extremely petit. I have very narrow hips and i weight about 75 lbs right now. I myself was a premature baby with health problems and this it has contributed to my stature and tiny body. At one point I weighed 105 lbs, but discovered multiple food intolerances and gastric problems and lost weight. Given my bodily conditions, would I be able to carry a baby? I wouldn't mind having a c-section, but otherwise, Is it even physically possible?

Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Altson HB User
Re: Can I have a baby?

Lots of extremely tiny women concieve and give birth, naturally or via C-Section. Your Dr. is the best person to ask.

I do know your perfect chances of conceiving would be with your very healthiest body. Consult a nutritionist about your food intolerances and find out a diet which works best for you. You want a variety of healthy food choices you find appealing and will stick with while you're trying to get pregnant and then are actually pregnant. 75 pounds on a 5' frame sounds a bit on the lean side. I'm guessing a Dr. and/or nutrionist would want to see you with a few more pounds of healthy weight.

I believe nothing is impossible, even if the path to achieve your goals isn't quite the path you pictured yourself following.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Yes of course it is. Even "little people" have babies. My sis was a premature baby, and she also is a very tiny person. She is only about 4'11" and before her children, never weighed more then 100lbs. But she had two completely healthy baby girls and didn't have to try very hard to get them either. She also has a lot of food tolerance issues, but she did just fine. So no worries. Have your ob give you a once over, but my guess is you are just as capable as the rest of us.
Melissa

Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
(female)

kewlgirl HB User

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to - even dwarfs have babies.

The best person to ask is a doctor.

I am 4 months pregnant and my doctor measured my hips and determined I can have a baby vaginally.

If you are too small, they take the baby out via c-section.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
(female)

kriss79 HB User

Your biggest challenge might be that you're male...

(check your profile settings hun)

Closed Thread