It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

StripySocks HB User
Question vaginal septum

Hi, im new here,

i have recently been diagnosed with a vaginal septum. I went to my doctor as intercourse causes me excruciating pain and often results in what i thought were water infections. After undergoing a cystoscopy he found I had a septum dividing the vagina in two and advised me to come back for MRI and ultrasound exams to see how far up the septum goes. However, he could not explain the recurrent cystitis. This was months ago and still nothing has been done- i have done my own research and have scared myself half to death about what complications may arise from having surgery! My doctor said I need not have the surgery done and doesn't seem like it is a matter of urgency- i feel so alone and have always thought I was abnormal. Now being so close to a resolution and to be told it isn't urgent is soul destroying! I am young and have a partner, who thankfully is very understanding, but I want us to be a normal couple! Does anyone have any advice or has anyone been through similar stuff?? I really want to have kids when I'm older and am terrified at the possibility that this may have ruined my chances at getting pregnant/carrying to term. help!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
(female)

antribley HB User
Re: vaginal septum

Hi Stripy Socks!
I have been looking for someone like you!! I am 24 and I am 6 months pregnant with my first baby. Sex has always been different for me. I look back and I wonder why I have such a hard time acheiving orgasm vaginally and why I bleed through the largest tampons available. I also get yeast infections quite frequently and when I use Monistat it doesn't work the first time. I have had annual pap smears since I was 16 and nobody ever discovered the septum and 2 cervices until I got pregnant and my mid-wife found it.
I don't know how old you are, but I was terrrrrrified when I learned this info about my lady parts. Although it answers some questions for me, it scares me to think about what lies ahead in regards to taking care of it. I am going to carry my baby to term and since my septum is thick, I do have to have a c section this time, but hopefully with my next baby I can have a vaginal delivery. I know you are scared! I was too! But after I got over the fact that it was there, and I know that my baby is growing normally, I just want to get the septum removed and get on with my (sex) life! I used to have sex all the time (well, average ya know but now that I know the septum is there I can't concentrate on anything else. My fiance is very supportive because he was with me when we found out and saw how devastating it was to me. We had a very loving and healthy sex life before the news and now I never have sex with him and he understands. I am going to have the vaginal septum removed after I heal from pregnancy and my c section. And as soon as it's cleared up, I'm going to get pregnant again!
I'm sorry this is a lengthy message and maybe TMI on my part, but I wanted to share my story with someone who is going through the same thing. I hope my info has helped ease some of your worries and has given you courage to chin up and handle it. It's completely mortifying, in my opinion, that someone has to pay so much more attention to my vagina!!!! But it's how God made us and we have to deal with it and go on being strong women. Good luck, and let me know how it goes if you'd like!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
(female)

jeni777 HB User

I also had a vaginal septum along with 2 uterus and 2 cervix. I had the septum removed 3 years ago and I was back to work in 3 days and intercourse in 2 weeks. It did not hurt half as bad as i thought it would. There is really no reason for me to remove one of my uterus of one of my cervix because I do not want children. It has made intercourse much easier except the scar tissue, but that is not half as bad as the septum.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
(female)

tgresham HB User

Hi,I am 34 now,and had the same problem.I had a vaginal septum and still have one in my uterus.I didn't have the vaginal one removed til I was having my first child.That was a mistake.During her birth we were taken for emergency sugery;because she was tearing me due to the vaginal septum that my physician did not know I had.By grace of God we lived and I changed physican and found out I had a septum of my uterus.I am a mother of three.I have not had any surgery of my uterus,only special diets,bed rest,and Jesus most of all during my childbearing.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
(female)

tneal123 HB User

Hey stripysocks! I don't know if you're still checking in on these message boards, but you replied to something I posted a while ago and made me feel like I was not alone! I finally found a doctor who diagnosed me with a vaginal septum (no further anomalies), and I have just scheduled my surgery for May 16th to have it removed. Have you had anything done yet/are you thinking about moving forward with surgery? Just curious to see, since it seems we're in the same position. Although I'm nervous, everyone I've talked to has been so so so supportive, and I know it will probably make things much easier for me. Let me know if you have any updates!

Closed Thread