It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

tinkerbell89 HB User
very painful lump on vagina

Hi, i'm 20 and have recently discovered a grape sized lump on the lip of my vagina. I know it isn't an std as i have been with my bf since i was 16 and i was a virgin when we got together, he had been with other people but i made him get tested before we slept together and it was all clear! And neither of us would cheat, so i can rule std's out. The lump is extremley painful, i'm in agony just sitting down. Also, there has been white milk like discharge today, i'm too embarrassed to visit my doctor, although i'm guessing if this lump doesn't go away i will have to make an appointment. Any advice would be very much appreciated...i am starting to worry a little :-(
Thanks

Last edited by tinkerbell89; 04-05-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
(female)

curiousjay HB User
Re: very painful lump on vagina

have you ever had a yeast infection or bv? I am 20 as well I have had wierd lumps as well and i too have been with the same guy for so long and he also was tested and had no std's. I was worried so i went to obgyn and was dx with a yeast infection and bv.

I had no std's and the lump was swabbed and cultured as just a infected hair follicle. You need to have a paps and have the lump cultured. Has it formed a head, or does it looks as if it will drain? if so hurry to the doctor so that the fluids that come out can be swabbed and tested. Put your embarrasment aside, and take care of your health. You never know rather its genital warts, hepetic, or a cyst, infected hair follicle until you are tested. You are not even sure if your boyfriend has stepped out or not. Im sure you are find but your mind will be cleared if you go to doctor.

Last edited by curiousjay; 04-06-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typos

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

herekittykitty HB User

It could be a Bartholen's gland cyst or abscess. You probably need to get it checked out.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
(female)

angel72 HB User

you actually could have a boil, they are pretty common. I have had them before and they hurt terribly. You should get it checked because if it breaks you could get an infection. Since it has discharge it does sound like a boil. If it happens to break before you can see someone make sure you clean the area really well with antibacterial soap or you could get more of them.

Closed Thread