It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
(female)

tvandusen HB User
Heavy Period Over a Month W/Weight Loss..HELP

I have had my period for over a month now with mild to heavy bleeding. My doctor put me on the strongest birth control pill available which is Ovral. My period has not let up. I tested negative for pregnancy, thyroid issues, and STDs. Also, I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks even though I am constantly eating due to lack of energy. I am tired, weak, have headaches as well as cramping. The doctor says that it looks as though my uterus is two times larger then it should be. I am scheduled for an ultra sound but not for another 3 weeks because they are booked up. If anyone can help??? Please...I am kind of scared for my health. I have a four year old that needs mommy in good health...Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: Heavy Period Over a Month W/Weight Loss..HELP

It sounds like you could have a fibroid. They are non-cancerous growths in the uterus and one of the symptoms is excessive bleeding. Read up on them, there are many options for treatment and aren't usually that bad. Good luck and let us know what the ultrasound shows. Oh, and take iron vitamins or eat more steak, all that bleeding can definitely make you anemic so stay on top of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread