It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
(female)

curiousjay HB User
FED UP!! Bv, Yeast Infection, herpes...What really is it?

Hey ladies, I am 20 yrs old. I lost my virginity when i was nearly 19 yrs old. I have had the same sexual partner for almost 2 yrs now. We always used condoms until last summer.

since the age of 13, i have had cyst like bumps or blisters that were hard, the color of my skin, pus filled, that would drain after they became so inflammed. Early years (ages 13-16), i would get many at once. they were uncomfortable, the head would stick to my underwear , burst and fluids would drain. My mom took me to the doctor, however since i wasnt sexully active...std's were ruled out. The pediatrician suggested a dermatologist.

I suffured form severe acne, and dermatologist suggested i be screened for some type of infected follicles, however i never was. over the yrs the bumps have calmed down, i get them worst when i shave, they seem to be large under the skin and spread under the skin. when i mess with them they surface, burst, drain, scab, and still have fluids in them and come back in the same spots. I do not have any severe scarring.

REecenty along with the problem, I have had foul smelling odor, white thick discharge ...so I decided to go to the obgyn. I informed her that this have been consistnt problem since puberty so i doubt they were std's, she tested me for Gonnareah, and Clymedia which were negative, my paps were normal but I did have yeast infection and BV at the same time...she stated this was the cause of the smelly odor and discharge, irritation of vulva and so on. She also did a swab and culture on some fluids from one of the bigger underskin bumps, she said that the culture was normal, i had no "bad bacteria" no staph and no reaccuring cyst or no something called "MERCA". I didnt have Genital warts or HIV. BUt there was nothing stated about Herpes. She said the bacteria was normal and its probably an infected hair follicle or reaccuring in grown hairs. I do not fill content with the doctors answers why did she say "probably"?

I have three questions.

....Since i have been hving sex with my boyfriend unprotected should he be treated for BV or yeast?

....since i have had this since puberty should i just let the whole stress thing go, stop thinking that some how i have herpes? Its really stressing me out.

.... Could this be passed down herpes or could it simply be an infected hair follicle like she said. What should I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: FED UP!! Bv, Yeast Infection, herpes...What really is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousjay View Post
Hey ladies, I am 20 yrs old. I lost my virginity when i was nearly 19 yrs old. I have had the same sexual partner for almost 2 yrs now. We always used condoms until last summer.

since the age of 13, i have had cyst like bumps or blisters that were hard, the color of my skin, pus filled, that would drain after they became so inflammed. Early years (ages 13-16), i would get many at once. they were uncomfortable, the head would stick to my underwear , burst and fluids would drain. My mom took me to the doctor, however since i wasnt sexully active...std's were ruled out. The pediatrician suggested a dermatologist.

I suffured form severe acne, and dermatologist suggested i be screened for some type of infected follicles, however i never was. over the yrs the bumps have calmed down, i get them worst when i shave, they seem to be large under the skin and spread under the skin. when i mess with them they surface, burst, drain, scab, and still have fluids in them and come back in the same spots. I do not have any severe scarring.

REecenty along with the problem, I have had foul smelling odor, white thick discharge ...so I decided to go to the obgyn. I informed her that this have been consistnt problem since puberty so i doubt they were std's, she tested me for Gonnareah, and Clymedia which were negative, my paps were normal but I did have yeast infection and BV at the same time...she stated this was the cause of the smelly odor and discharge, irritation of vulva and so on. She also did a swab and culture on some fluids from one of the bigger underskin bumps, she said that the culture was normal, i had no "bad bacteria" no staph and no reaccuring cyst or no something called "MERCA". I didnt have Genital warts or HIV. BUt there was nothing stated about Herpes. She said the bacteria was normal and its probably an infected hair follicle or reaccuring in grown hairs. I do not fill content with the doctors answers why did she say "probably"?

I have three questions.

....Since i have been hving sex with my boyfriend unprotected should he be treated for BV or yeast?

....since i have had this since puberty should i just let the whole stress thing go, stop thinking that some how i have herpes? Its really stressing me out.

.... Could this be passed down herpes or could it simply be an infected hair follicle like she said. What should I do?
Ok, men normally do not get yeast, I am not understanding what BV is? explain more please.

If you have had this since puberty then I would be too stressed out about Herpes, but I would for your peice of mind ask to be tested specifically or at least call the GYN and ask if you were or why she didnot feel the need to test, Odd that she tested for everything else but not that..

Herpes is not passed down genetically you have to come into skin to skin contact with someone who has this virus in order to be infected, even if you were not sexually active (meaning going all the way if you fooled around and came into contact with someone that way, then it could be a slim possiblitly, so def get the test for peace of mind, if you have had it since puberty then it would show up in the blood stream... if that comes back NEG then I would just continue to do what you have been.. Take care

Old 04-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
(female)

curiousjay HB User

thanks and no i never ever fooled around my first contact was when i lost my virginity which was when i was 18...BV is bacteria vaginosis. Too much bacteria production in the virgina, ph thrown off due to feminine products, similar to a yeasy infection but bacteria instaed of fungus. Causes strong unpleasent odor, white discharge, and a little irritation, it is treated with metrogel.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousjay View Post
thanks and no i never ever fooled around my first contact was when i lost my virginity which was when i was 18...BV is bacteria vaginosis. Too much bacteria production in the virgina, ph thrown off due to feminine products, similar to a yeasy infection but bacteria instaed of fungus. Causes strong unpleasent odor, white discharge, and a little irritation, it is treated with metrogel.
I am sorry and NO, that is something that your body produces naturally and it will not effect or is passable to your boyfriend, did they put you on clindamycin cream, if they did FYI this will cause a yeast infection since it is an antibodotic cream so ask the doctor to call you in a scrip for Dyfulcain for when you are through using it.... Feel better Chick... keep us posted! coping

Old 04-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

I think if I were you I would go back to a dermatologist and see what is said this time now that you are older and there have been advancements in science. Someone is missing something and I am so sorry you have to deal with that mess without an answer. Your doctor said 'probably' because she feels she has ruled out anything else she can think of. Not all doctors knows everything. While you were at the ObGyn did she also do a pap smear on you? If she has not i certainly would ask that she do one after your yeast infection clears up and you are not having your period. Don't give up your search every doctor has had a different experience so try to find a Gyn that specializes in difficult cases. Perhaps an STD clinic where they have 'seen it all' and could tell you for sure what it is not. Your partner also could be passing things back and forth so be sure to ask the doctor about that and if he should be treated. He should be wearing protection while you are having this yeast infection. Good luck.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #6
(female)

curiousjay HB User

@ Coping63 I was placed on metrogel or Metronidazole vaginal 0.75% and i was also prescribed Dyflucan after this treatment is done. Thanks, me and my bf are in different areas and no sex.

@ AnnD I did have a paps and a std test, I had the lesions swabbed and all. Everything came back normal normal normal. No HPV No Std's. the issue was my doctors keep saying " probably" infected hair follicle or ingrown hair and are saying they have no bacteria or staph so dont worry but will not suggest an herpes test. i mean i have had this since 13 im not saying its herpes bcus i didnt begin sexual relations until i was 18, but when you go unanswered for yrs your mind begin to wonder off in every direction...idk im furstrated. the look like the are an some type of disease. thanks again ladies.

Closed Thread

Tags
bv and yeast infection at once, cyst or herpes?, herpes

« Pregnant? | Help »