It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User
10 days after my period and...

...this morning I noticed that I had bled all over the sheets, but I was alarmed because the blood was definitely not typical menstrual blood and was a brownish/orangish color and much more watery in consistency. My periods have been very regular since going off the pill several months ago. My husband and I are not exactly TTC full-fledge, as in we are not having unprotected sex every waking minute in hopes to get pregnant immediately, but we had unprotected sex 3-4 times within the 10 days that my period ended recently and have done so a few times in the past as well. To clarify, we would be happy if I got pregnant.

I am not sure what to think of this, as this has never happened to me before. It seems to me though that this is awfully soon after my period (10 days after?) to have any sort of odd symptoms that could be related to pregnancy Upon waking up, I had no blood flow and it all just seemed to occur overnight, but I have had some very slight cramping and am a little bloated, (but the bloating could be due to the fact that I am a bit dehydrated after returning yesterday from a 10-day trip overseas). However, to suddenly have some sort of "breakthrough bleeding" for no reason is just odd to me considering that it was quite a bit of blood and was definitely not just spotting. I should also add that during my regular periods I rarely ever bleed through this much during the night due to the fact that blood is usually thicker in consistency and not quite as heavy of a flow.

Any ideas what this could be? I definitely feel like it is too soon to take a pregnancy test and am not sure if it is even affiliated with pregnancy in the first place.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User
Re: 10 days after my period and...

I should add that today, a day later, I am still having very very slight cramping. Any help on what this could be would be appreciated.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

You should get an ultrasound. It could be fibroids or polyps or ovarian cyst. Any of those could cause "breakthrough bleeding" (meaning bleeding anytime other than during your period) in someone who is not currently on the pill.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

So I am very very bloated but have had no other bleeding or really any cramping since this happened. I asked my dad last night (who happens to be an OB/GYN and who I put off asking about this because it was very awkward for me!) who told me that its probably nothing and if I'm not having any pain (which I'm not) that I probably shouldn't be worried. It is just weird to suddenly have the symptoms I've been getting out of the blue. He did mention that if it was a cyst or polyps that I would likely be in a lot of pain. I may just end up scheduling an appointment with a Dr. to make sure. If anyone has any experiences like me, I'd be interested in hearing them, as I probably won't be able to get in to see a dr. for at least a week.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

You wouldn't necessarily have a lot of pain. I've had all 3 and it doesn't seem like it's any more painful than usual. I have a long history of recurring uterine polyps and the only real sign I get when they come back is the spotting between periods and much heavier bleeding.

I would probably still get an ultrasound done anyway just because at least then you'll know.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Thanks again for your reponse. I'm going in in a week to check it out. I definitely picked up a calendar and really looked at things since I've been so uneasy about this and it does seem that my husband and I did actually have unprotected sex in the middle of my cycle when I was likely ovulating. So I was not good at estimating my timing there. However, like I said before, things just don't necessarily add up in terms of my symptoms vs. the very early pregnancy signs I have read about. I should get my period next week so then I will know for sure. My body is definitely off since this so I'm a little hypervigilant right now. We shall see!

Old 05-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
(female)

Babitigerlili10 HB User

Well Im kind of going through the same thing although Im on the pill and my period usually starts the 4th inactive pill i had sex with my boyfriend on the 2nd and 3rd and both were finished inside of me.. but my period only lasted like a day and a half but im still bleeding that weird orangy watery blood u were talking about and its been 10 days.. the on;y time it really bothers me is when i wake up.. its almost like a should wear a pad to bed every night... idk what it could be?

Closed Thread