It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

kjrmom911 HB User
Novasure scheduled for next week

Hello,
I am a 41 year old mother of 3 and I have been dealing with heavy periods my entire life. I have minimal cramping the week before my period and then my period comes and its like niagra falls. I bleed very very heavy for days 2-3 (as in I'm using a super duty tampon and a pad) and changing them every hour. Then it slows and can last anywhere for a totol of 7-9 days. I also pass clots which are sometimes the size of small walnuts (gross I know). I'm tired of the bleeding as I am also anemic (when first discovered my iron level was 4 and my hemogloban was 7..no one could figure out how I was still walking around). Anyways, I have to do something and I am tired of hormones. Birth control pills make my blood pressure go up, which can not be healthy. Normally my blood pressure is 110/70, but on the pill it skyrockets to 140/85. I thought about Mirena, but don't want to put a foreign object in my body. Tried the Nuva Ring..yuck. I am freaking out a little bit because I have read a lot of negative stories. Anyone have any positive outcomes? I am not looking for no period, but a lessening would be great. Oh..I have one small intramural fibroid and a larger uterus (size of 8 week preg), but my dr said those should not be a problem for the procedure. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by kjrmom911; 04-08-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: mistake

Old 04-09-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: Novasure scheduled for next week

I was freaking out also before hand.......I had mine 2 yrs ago and I was amemic also ferritin was 2 hg was 8.5.......I still take daily iron....Anyway my periods last 2 or 3 days and I only use a panty linner...one a day......lol.....Its a far cry from extra long with wings....lol....You should know you will have a discharge for up to 6 weeks after and it can take 6 months to get final results..........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

one more thing i found out recently.....because the uterus shares blood suply with the ovaries it can make you have an earlier menopause I am 40 and perimenopause has started for me..........

Old 04-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
(female)

kjrmom911 HB User

Charlene,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am very nervous ( I hate being put under anyways). I'm pretty sure Im in perimenopause already as I have mood swings from hell and wake up sometimes with night sweats. It's so much fun. Maybe this will put me right there and I wont ever have a period again. That would be great!

Old 04-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

I didnt get totally knocked out......I chose sedation and a spinal instead......I dont remember a thing!!! I was really bad the first day pain and couldnt eat but some women have no problem at all......I wasnt myself for 6 weeks so dont think you're going to be up and around.........with no problem....I mean you might be ....just dont count on it.........Good Luck

Old 04-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

I started bio identical progesterone cream for my mood it has done wonders...

Old 04-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #7
(female)

kjrmom911 HB User

Charlene,

I dont know if you are still checking this thread, but I wanted to say THANK YOU for all your reassurances. I was sure I was going to chicken out of this procedure, but I had it done yesterday. Novasure, D&C, and hysteroscopy. Dr had to leave before I woke up (emergency c section) but she did tell my husband that everything went fine and it was a success. If I didnt have the cramping I would swear nothing had been done. I am tired today, but figure that is from the anasthesia and umm the vicodin I was so glad I had yesterday. I plan on taking it easy today also. I am glad I took a week vacation from work. I hope this is a success. I have a period due on the 19th and was feeling all of that before surgery (in fact I was sure I would start day of the surgery). I have post op appointment on the 28th and guess I will find out what she saw inside me then. Its hard to wait though

Old 04-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

you're welcome keep me posted on how you're doing in a few months........... You might be tierd for awhile.....and mood swing are not unheard of for the first few months.....It takes the body awhile to get back to normal

Closed Thread