It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
(female)

scared0214 HB User
My period is dark brown almost black looking. what does that mean??

Im 19 years old i have a serious boyfriend that i live with and we have sex often. Around two or three pm today i went to the restroom because i felt something come down and when i wiped it was a light red almost orange color so i put on a pad. so about an hour later i checked and my pad has like this dark brown almost black stuff in it. Its been like that for the rest of the day and its only light red when i wipe not in my pad. i dont know if its my period because i just had my last period the end of march so its way to early. it feels like light cramps but i dont know. and for like a month i would have a sharp pain really sharp and it would hurt so bad that i couldnt even move and i can barely breathe i would have to just lay there till it stopped hurting. i really dont know wats going on someone please help.

The Following User Says Thank You to scared0214 For This Useful Post:
Jadaboo009 (06-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
(female)

hbee09 HB User
Re: My period is dark brown almost black looking. what does that mean??

if you aren't on birth control, your period can come at weird times, unscheduled, even if it was fairly regular before. our bodies are sometimes on their own weird clocks. my period has been really dark before, and sometimes ill get odd cramps when im not actually on it. not to make you nervous, but i would go to the gyno, just to ask him/her these questions. you can even usually call and ask questions over the phone if you are tight on money.

The Following User Says Thank You to hbee09 For This Useful Post:
Jadaboo009 (06-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

You're probably fine. My period is sometimes black or brown. If that's the only thing you're worried about, stop worrying. If you have pain or a really strong odor or really bad itching...those things I'd see a gyn about. But blood turns black or brown when it gets old, so that's normal.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Sillygrl HB UserSillygrl HB User

The reason your period discharge is darker on the pad and not when you wipe is because it has had time to dry. The pain is of concern. Any distinct change in your menstrual cycle is of concern. I would go to the gyno.

Closed Thread