It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User
Question about Thyroid

Hello everyone.
My question is of a silly question but wanted to ask anyway. My thyroid TSH is 3.05. Would that give me a turkey like neck or is that more of a being slightly overweight type thing? I didn't know if thyroid "thickens" the neck at all.
Thanks!!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

starryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB UserstarryGal09 HB User
Re: Question about Thyroid

My daughter's doctor noticed my daughter's neck thickening and sent her for an ultra sound. Came back with nodules.

It's always a good idea to just have it checked. How would you know if something was going on? An ultra sound is an easy non invasive way to determine if there are nodules!

Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Having problems with your thyroid doesn't cause turkey neck. However, if you have a goiter there would be swelling in front of the neck... you would know if it were a goiter because it would be tender to touch, tight skin and you would be having a lot of symptoms.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnD View Post
Having problems with your thyroid doesn't cause turkey neck. However, if you have a goiter there would be swelling in front of the neck... you would know if it were a goiter because it would be tender to touch, tight skin and you would be having a lot of symptoms.
No, it's not tender to the touch at all and no tight skin. I don't know how to describe it other than I feel like my chin is starting to blend in with my neck a little bit. I'm probably 15 pounds overweight maybe a bit more, I'm not sure.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User

Ok, when you talk about nodules..are there any symptoms? Does the throat get REALLY thick or does it barely show? What does nodules mean? Is that a serious thing or a common thing? What causes them did her doctor say? What is he going to do about it? Thanks for the info!

Closed Thread