It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

tartothebox HB User
Exclamation Frustrated with no diagnosis...

I have been sick for about 2 years with repetitive and worsening symptoms. Blood work out the wazoo all comes back good.
I have lost 20lbs since January -recurring symptoms are sore throat, neg for strep, inability to swallow, extreme fatigue, disoriented feeling, recently a cough came into the mix -never had that -but I havent had solids for over a week due to swallowing pain. I'm on prednisone right now because nothing else has worked. I have swolled glands for 2 years now... recently new swollen nodes in my left triangular/neck and collar area.
I have night sweats -I had a 3 month period last year of generalized itching with got so bad I had to go have fake nails put on because my skin was jagged from my fingernails..that went away...this most recent bout has been my worst- did all bloodwork- cbc w diff, all normal -and a bunch of other....
have had throat ultra sound of thyroid -normal -today had ct wcontrast of my neck and a clear chest x ray... havent heard back on ct- but Im scheduled friday for lymph removal....My biggest worry is that the pathology will come back normal and then we are at square one again. My quality of life is just awful... the prednisone seems to be helping though where levaquin and other antibiotics didnt touch....I feel stronger today and its only day two of 60mg.

livers good.
heart- nominal murmer
blood pressure good
fevers come and go -low grade
bad night sweats come and go
im so tired of no answers- where is my next step? ent?

Thank you for any thoughts or advice. I am so depressed and my kids are taking care of me instead of me them.... what is next whem lymph comes back normal? Just live with it? Ugh.

I want to crawl out of my skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread