It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
(female)

sam65 HB User
considering novasure procedure

Hi, Im 44 - This is my first time on a message board so please bare with me. I do not have children and have had a history of irregular to light periods. I have been off birth control pills now for over a year. My periods can last several days and or can just spot several times a month. I am going tonight to my gyn to discuss results of biopsies taken 3 weeks ago - I have a few fibroids -with the option of going forward with this novasure procedure. Although my doc feels this could be a good option for me I am skeptical. What I deal with now, I know and may be better than what I dont know. I have appreciated reading others experiences with this procedure and am wondering if the procedure helped anyone at all with pms symtoms or mood/hormonal swings for that seems to be my most annoying thing to deal with. THANKS

Old 04-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
(female)

kjrmom911 HB User
Re: considering novasure procedure

Hello,

I just had Novasure yesterday, so I can't say yet whether I am happy or not, but I was curious as to whether you were considering it simply because you have irregular bleeding or is it heavy also? I don't think I would do this unless I had heavy bleeding. For me, I was very regular..every 28 days, but the first 3 were horrible as I would bleed through a heavy duty tampon and a pad in about an hour. I had to double up everything at night. I am just looking for some lightening of the flow. I'm not sure Novasure works to "regulate you" at least that is not how my dr. presented it to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
(female)

sunny10 HB User

3 Months post procedure - I had the Novasure procedure in February because i had extremely heavy periods. I made the decision to have it when it came to the point i didn't want to leave my house during my cycle!! So far, so good!! I haven't had a period since the procedure. Some people never have a period again and i hope i'm one of those people however my luck isn't that good!! But if or when i start to have my period again hopefully it will be much lighter. As for the procedure itself it was really easy. You’re in and out of the hospital within a few hours (i do not recommend having it done in your doctors office) the cramping was very minor. The biggest pain is that you discharge for a while after the procedure (sometimes up to 12 weeks) I was about 5 weeks. I definitely recommend this to anybody that is healthy but having heavy periods!! I'm so glad i did it!!! Good luck................

Last edited by sunny10; 05-12-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

It worked for my heavy bleeding but my advice is to read read read and not the novasure website but what real women have to say.........

Old 05-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
(female)

cmo61974 HB User

Well like some of you mine were horrible heavy and in bed with cramps so bad miss work or school when younger was on pill most of my life but finally found out about this. I was finished having kids and was at wits end never know when and how long. when you have two heavy miserable periods a month. I have had multiple d & C's and ultra sounds, biopsy nothing so I went for it. I had it done in march and so far it is WONDERFUL!!!! I havent had a period yet but I have heard anywhere from 3 months to a year to see if you have one and no guarantee your lining wont grow back. My thought if it is better then what i was going thru before I am happy.!

Closed Thread