It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
(female)

kriss79 HB User
white hairs down there?

I’m a 30 year old white female. Natural hair color is dark blonde/light brown, and I have no gray hair on my head…however, I noticed that I’ve developed a few white hairs “down there” in my pubic hair. My pubic hair is naturally a light brownish, almost straw color, so at first I thought it may have been just the lighting, but these hairs are truly white. My hubby hasn’t seemed to notice, even when he has done oral on me recently, or if he has, he doesn’t mind, but I’m still self-conscious.

I don’t shave down there, I’ve always found it to be a rather silly fad, and my husband has emphatically stated that he wants “a woman, not a little girl” when the subject has come up. Plus, it’s one less thing I have to do in the shower. So, shaving it probably isn’t what I want to do. My question is, is it OK to dye it? Pluck them? Or should I just “get over it and leave it alone” as my mom has suggested!

Plus, is it normal at my age?

Old 04-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
(female)

DesertMeow HB User
Re: white hairs down there?

Hi,
Yes, it is normal and not a cause for concern.
If you ever notice white (grey) eyebrow hairs, that is normal, too.

I would not risk using chemical dyes in such a sensitive area... not healthy!

I suppose you could use tweezers, but ouch! Why risk ingrown hairs, infecting the hair follicle, and it will just grow back.

Might as well just make peace with them and leave them be, in my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
(male)

bg77 HB User

I wouldn't worry - and as a guy it wouldn't bother me in the least.

I'd bet your hubby doesn't mind either...women tend to care about those things WAY more than the men in their lives do. In fact, many men *like* the "imperfections" women feel they have, it makes you "real" and human. This is true even if the same trait would be off-putting on someone else other than the woman we love. Contrary to what the media says, we don't all want airbrushed, "perfect" supermodels.

Example - my wife hates what she calls her "pooch" belly that developed after she had our son - but I think it's sexy. She refuses to believe me though.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #4
(female)

kriss79 HB User

Quick update - I have them on my head now too! Aaaaaaggh!!! I'm getting old!

Well, I was planning on going redhead this summer anyway. Perhaps that's a good excuse!

Old 06-09-2010, 05:44 AM   #5
(female)

kriss79 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg77 View Post
I wouldn't worry - and as a guy it wouldn't bother me in the least.

I'd bet your hubby doesn't mind either...women tend to care about those things WAY more than the men in their lives do. In fact, many men *like* the "imperfections" women feel they have, it makes you "real" and human. This is true even if the same trait would be off-putting on someone else other than the woman we love. Contrary to what the media says, we don't all want airbrushed, "perfect" supermodels.

Example - my wife hates what she calls her "pooch" belly that developed after she had our son - but I think it's sexy. She refuses to believe me though.
I have a little pooch now and no kids yet...my hubby likes mine too.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
(female)

kriss79 HB User

Well, hubby finally noticed them...

He said "I see you've got some white hairs popping up down here. Cute."

Not sure whether to be annoyed or flattered that he said "cute"...but it sure didn't stop him from what he was doing at the time...

Closed Thread