It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
(female)

elizabeth53 HB User
am i pregnant? or is my mind tricking my body?

i got my period the first week of march(around march 8th i believe). my boyfriend came into town on march 19-26. yes we had sex and everytime we used a condom like we always do...im not on birth control. i got my period again on march 31 but it was for a shorter time than my usual period and lighter than my usual period. im not sure when i should be getting my period again(i dont really keep track of it) but i feel it should be sometime next week(the week of april 26). lately ive been moody, bloated, sometimes nauseas(mostly late at night), gasier than usual, my boobs feel swollen as of today(april 23), urinating like every hour, not having daily bowel movements...when i do its not much at all, shortness of breath. i took 3 tests this past week and they all said negative but i still feel like im pregnant! in the past, the negative pregnancy test would make all my worry go away but thats not happening this time! did i take my tests too soon? what are the chances i am pregnant? im too impaitent and i need some kind of reassurance asap! HELP ME PLEASE!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: am i pregnant? or is my mind tricking my body? please help ASAP!

You can go to your doctor and get a blood test. You are right that it was probably too early to get an accurate result, however, you guys did use protection every time so the odds greatly in your favor that you are not pregnant. Your symptoms could be a couple of things. You could have a virus, and/or your body could be telling you that your period is comming. Maybe your body is over stressed or tired and is letting you know you need to relax. Poor diet. It could be any number of things, not just pregnancy. I definately wouldnt push any panic buttons until you miss your period and get a positive result. Do you know how long your cycle normally is? Because right now your on day 25 if you began your last cyckle on 3-11. So anywhere from tomorrow a week from now, depending on how long your cycle is, you should be starting your period. Good luck to you.
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User
Re: am i pregnant? or is my mind tricking my body?

It's wayyyy too soon for you to be having pregnancy symptoms if you in fact are. I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks, but didn't feel a thing until I was over 2 months.

Wait until about May 1st, if you haven't started yet then take another test.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

herekittykitty HB User
Re: am i pregnant? or is my mind trick me body? please help ASAP!

According to what you are saying, you haven't had sex since March 19-26 and had your period after that. If you haven't had sex again since then, then I would say you're all clear! All the symptoms you are describing are probably just PMS.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #5
(female)

beige138 HB User
Re: am i pregnant? or is my mind trick me body? please help ASAP!

There is a possibility that you could be pregnant. If you did get your period on March 8th, and then again on March 31st, that's only 24 days in between. If you did get pregnant, then what you had could have been implantation bleeding. It's definitely not too early to take a pregnancy test, but at this point you may want to consider speaking with your dr about a quantative blood test. It will measure the exact amount hCG (the pregnancy hormone) in your blood. It definitely sounds like you are having pregnancy symptoms, especially if you don't normally have these symptoms right before you have your period. I hope everything works out for you. :-)

Closed Thread