It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
(female)

annonymoustj HB User
Exclamation rectocele - Did anyone have this????

Okay, I've been reading these posts for four years and finally HAD to go through with the surgery. I had rectocele done 5 days ago, along with perinial tightening. I was in the hosp for 2 days. The second night was excruciating. Called the Dr. and he said to double up codine and take 1000 ibuprophen. That seemed to make things tolerable. Still have not had a bm yet. That concerns me. As I sit here, I can feel my intestines wanting to empty, but my body doesn't seem to want to cooperate! My actual question is, when I reach down to wipe or wash, I have this huge 'wad" of skin with stitches around it. I can not see my perinial area EVER being flat by the way this thing looks!! Did anyone else have this? Thanks to you all who have helped us in our decisions.
TJ

Old 04-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
(female)

harp HB User
Re: rectocele - Did anyone have this????

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymoustj View Post
Okay, I've been reading these posts for four years and finally HAD to go through with the surgery. I had rectocele done 5 days ago, along with perinial tightening. I was in the hosp for 2 days. The second night was excruciating. Called the Dr. and he said to double up codine and take 1000 ibuprophen. That seemed to make things tolerable. Still have not had a bm yet. That concerns me. As I sit here, I can feel my intestines wanting to empty, but my body doesn't seem to want to cooperate! My actual question is, when I reach down to wipe or wash, I have this huge 'wad" of skin with stitches around it. I can not see my perinial area EVER being flat by the way this thing looks!! Did anyone else have this? Thanks to you all who have helped us in our decisions.
TJ
Hi, sorry to hear your having to deal with this. It looks like you posted this
4-24-10. I had my surgeries on 4-20-10 and then had to have emergency surgery to release a nerve that got entrapped during surgery. Anyway I went home 4-25-09. Regardless of the second surgery from what I understand a minimal stay of 5 days is needed for these types of surgeries. I was only allowed to eat a liquid diet for the 1st three days then a high fiber- vegetables, fruits such as berries & fresh pears. a little protein such as chicken or fish. Lots of water or fluids. I chose prune juice or three prunes to start the process of bowel function again. "BUT" I was given a suppository which is used to wake up the intestine first. I was told that if I didn't have a bowel movement they would have to give me an enema and i would be started on Medamucil, I think that was the name. I just know its a fiber to help you to become regular. Since it's been six days since your posting, how are you doing?? Im Concerned for you about the perinial area, I too had this area fixed, but it doesn't look the way you have described. Did you just have an opezeotomy sown up? or did you have the full perinial area fixed? which I understand is what needs to happen when fixing this area. I'm going to look for the sight I was on before surgery and get back to you with it. It shows the actual procedure. I hope to hear from you in the mean time. Probably by now you may have gotten answers. I'd like to know how your doing and what's happened since your posting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
(female)

annonymoustj HB User

Hi Harp
Sorry, I haven't been on the site in awhile. I hope that you are doing well in your recovery. I bellieve the day after I posted, I did have a BM, and it was SUCH a relief!!! Just taking that pressure away made me so much more comfortable. There was no pain at all. Sorry you had the nerve thing. That would have made me very nervous. One of my fears with this surgery was nerve damage and not enjoying sex anymore! Now I worry that It's too tight!! It looks to me like my vaginal opening is WAY smaller than it was!! I go back to work tomorrow, which is two weeks from Surgery. I have been feeling pretty good. I can walk quite a bit, drive the car, etc. I have tried not to lift anything, or cause any pressure anywhere. I had to sneeze the other day and it hurt wicked bad!!! Not taking any more drugs. Still using panty liners. Still have the big "wad" of skin down there, but I went to my first follow up, and the Dr. said not to worry. Don't they always say that though!!! He said it will go down. Really can't wait for the stitches to release. Do you know how long that takes? REALLY want to ride my harley!! How have you been doing? Any more nerve issues? Are you experiencing any pain? Thanks for responding. Hope to hear from you again.
TJ

Old 05-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
(female)

JenGorm HB User

Hi

I had rectocele a week ago today.

I dont have pian no discomfort at all .
I have six weeks off work and am told to take it easy.
because I have no discomfort its hard to sit there doing nothing.

does anyone know the guidelines of what you should and shouldnt do

no discomfort with BM either

Closed Thread