It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

jehe828 HB User
No period for two months, but not pregnant

So, I haven't had a real period in two months. I'm on the pill. At the time I'm supposed to have a period..I have all the symptoms, cramps, tired, headaches, crabbiness...etc. But I have only one day that I have very little bleeding...spotting really. I don't even have to use a tampon. What could this be? Any suggestions?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: No period for two months, but not pregnant

How old are you? how long have you been on the pill?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
(female)

jehe828 HB User

I'm 30 and I've been on the pill on and off since I was 18

Old 04-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
(female)

nilawolfe2 HB User

I had no periods for 1 year AFTER i went off the Pill and had to take Prometrium to induce a period. I know that isn't the same as your issue. I know after a while that some women stop having a period all together while on the Pill. I'd consult your MD.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

These posts always confuse me because a huge reason why women go on the pill in the first place is to get shorter and/or lighter periods. Some women are lucky enough to not get a period at all while on the pill. I always thought it would be awesome to only have one day of very light bleeding every month. And I have trouble understanding why it's such a huge concern for so many women.

If you really are bothered by having such a light period then you can always switch your pill to something that will give you more of a period. But I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want that. I'm so tired of my period being so heavy all the time I would love to have your problem!

Old 04-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Me, too, Kszan! I would have jumped for joy with that small a period. Even on the pill it was 7 days with 2 - 3 of flooding in the middle.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
(female)

jehe828 HB User

While I don't enjoy having a period, I'm basically concerned that there may be some sort of issue, hormonally or otherwise. I'd like to have a child sometime which I can't do if I don't have a period. That is why I asked.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehe828 View Post
I'd like to have a child sometime which I can't do if I don't have a period. That is why I asked.
That's not necessarily the case. However, if it concerns you that much, go see your gyno. That's the only way to get a definitive answer.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I wouldn't worry about it. There's nothing wrong and there is no reason to think you'd have any trouble having kids in the future.

Like I already said, women go on the pill to get shorter and lighter periods, so there's nothing wrong cause that's what's going on.

Closed Thread