It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
(female)

brosso HB User
Boric Acid?!?

So I've been on metrogel for chronic, supposed BV that's lasted over a year and a half. Within the past 3 weeks, I have had 2 yeast infection. I never, ever had a yeast infection prior to these, and I had been on metrogel and every other medication under the sun countless times.

Today, my Doctor told me to stop doing the metrogel and that he was going to prescribe me Boric Acid suppositories because the Diflucan has not been working for the yeast and the metrogel is just messing everything up and not helping the BV.

Have any of you ladies ever used this before?? Did it work? It seems like such a bizarre thing to be putting up in my lady bits.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Last edited by brosso; 04-27-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
(female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User
Re: Boric Acid?!?

Hello brosso, if you do a bit of research on the 'net, you will learn about boric acid. It is said to be very effective on yeast infections in women as well as men. It is an active ingredient in many over the counter yeast medicines. Good luck, your doctor sounds like a good one.
Rose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosso View Post
So I've been on metrogel for chronic, supposed BV that's lasted over a year and a half. Within the past 3 weeks, I have had 2 yeast infection. I never, ever had a yeast infection prior to these, and I had been on metrogel and every other medication under the sun countless times.

Today, my Doctor told me to stop doing the metrogel and that he was going to prescribe me Boric Acid suppositories because the Diflucan has not been working for the yeast and the metrogel is just messing everything up and not helping the BV.

Have any of you ladies ever used this before?? Did it work? It seems like such a bizarre thing to be putting up in my lady bits.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Hi Brosso,

I believe I wrote to you on a dif post but did the boric acid work for you??? Im thinking of trying it.......

Old 06-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
(female)

brosso HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPea143 View Post
Hi Brosso,

I believe I wrote to you on a dif post but did the boric acid work for you??? Im thinking of trying it.......
Unfortunately, no, it did not work for me. I had to stop a couple days into treatment because I was having a weird reaction to it or something. In those three days I did use it however, I noticed 0 improvement or difference. Considering I've had this thing for a year and a half, I'd think it'd take a long course of any sort of treatment anyway. I'm just going to leave it alone for a while and do some research until some test confirms it is a bacterial problem.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

Quote:
Unfortunately, no, it did not work for me. I had to stop a couple days into treatment because I was having a weird reaction to it or something. In those three days I did use it however, I noticed 0 improvement or difference. Considering I've had this thing for a year and a half, I'd think it'd take a long course of any sort of treatment anyway. I'm just going to leave it alone for a while and do some research until some test confirms it is a bacterial problem.

Thanks for the quick response. Thats what makes my situation complicated too. I've never been properly diagnosed with anything. I always test negative for everything BUT I am more than positive that I am battling yeast because all of the signs are there. What are you symtoms? Perhaps, you are battling both yeast and BV (it is possible)....

Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
(female)

brosso HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPea143 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. Thats what makes my situation complicated too. I've never been properly diagnosed with anything. I always test negative for everything BUT I am more than positive that I am battling yeast because all of the signs are there. What are you symtoms? Perhaps, you are battling both yeast and BV (it is possible)....

The main symptom that hasn't gone away in a year and a half is excessive discharge. It is usually white, sometimes light yellow. Has a sour smell to it, slightly thick. Once in a while I'll get itchy, but no yeast has been detected and in the past, they were always able to tell me if there was yeast. Sometimes I get pelvic pain if I am getting a lot of discharge. Other than that, not much else is happening. Sometimes I am irritated on the inside, sometimes I am not. Depends on how badly it is flaring up, though I've not gone more than 3-4 days without the stupid discharge this entire time. I also get pain upon insertion; though I've abstained from sex since it began. Anytime I am prescribed gels that have an applicator, the first day or two is always a doozy, but then it gets tolerable.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

Quote:
The main symptom that hasn't gone away in a year and a half is excessive discharge. It is usually white, sometimes light yellow. Has a sour smell to it, slightly thick. Once in a while I'll get itchy, but no yeast has been detected and in the past, they were always able to tell me if there was yeast. Sometimes I get pelvic pain if I am getting a lot of discharge. Other than that, not much else is happening. Sometimes I am irritated on the inside, sometimes I am not. Depends on how badly it is flaring up, though I've not gone more than 3-4 days without the stupid discharge this entire time. I also get pain upon insertion; though I've abstained from sex since it began. Anytime I am prescribed gels that have an applicator, the first day or two is always a doozy, but then it gets tolerable.
Hmmm, ya that doesnt really sound like yeast to me. I've read that the smell of discharge from BV is fishy, while yeast smells like bread or like beer. A sour smell I am not sure about....and pelvic pain, I believe that is more common with BV as well...the tricky thing is that docs cant always detect what you may have, especially yeast...I've always tested neg. but I am positive I have non-albicans yeast. It sounds like we do not have the same thing at all although I am always irritated inside as well and have a constant itch/burning sensation....I hope things get better for you and please keep in contact....

Closed Thread