It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 03:43 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Numb_one HB User
So self-conscious of my nipples :-(

Ok so i have quite large nipples & i'm very self conscious of them to be honest. A few different friends/family have commented on them numerous times when i've been changing or if they've caught a glimpse.... which is not very often as i do try to hide them because of this poor self-image! Even my Mum has commented, saying their like cork-screws, (which they're not! i know that..... but it's just an exagerated version of what they ARE). And my sisters have both commented aswell, so how am i suppose to feel?

Looking through photos on the web, there are a few pics with some the same size as mine, but then why do people comment on how big they are & act like they've never seen anything like it before? It just makes me feel horrible, like i'm not normal! I really don't know how to explain it & my husband says they're perfect blah blah blah.... but it doesn't make me feel any better. I feel like he's just saying it cos he 'has' to. It just makes me feel really depressed & i can't talk to anyone about it cos they're either the people that have commented on them or i'm too embarrassed to bring it up with someone else cos i don't feel comfortable enough talking to them about that sort of stuff!

I know & have been told that breasts & nipples all come in different shapes & sizes etc, but then why are mine commented on by just about everyone that sees them, when i've seen pictures of some the same..... so they can't be that weird surely. But it's also tv shows etc that show girls topless that upset me, as they NEVER show any with larger nipples! Just perfect ones!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
(female)

darkwater HB User
Re: So self-conscious of my nipples :-(

YOUR nipples are the perfect ones, dear! You are suffering from some delusion that yours are not normal. These people that comment on them are all women, correct? I would bet you any amount of money that the number of other women's nipples they have seen is rather limited. Yours may indeed be the biggest nipples they have seen, but if you have only seen a few of your family members and some girls you went to school with and a few friends, that is a pretty limited experience. Stop comparing yourself to others, they are unique to them and you are unique to you!

I too have seen lots of women's breasts on the computer and you are right that many of them seem to have itty bitty nipples with some with larger ones. Nothing wrong with the little ones, but I have larger nipples and I love them, they are perfect and the best and I would put them up against anyone's and bet that they would win the contest for Most Beautiful, lol. It takes all kinds in this world. Stop being insecure and love yourself and stop picking at yourself and stop letting others influence you so much.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Numb_one HB User

Thankyou! I would be fine with them if people didn't comment as though they were grosely unusual, as i probably wouldn't have compared them in the first place.

But i watched a movie on the weekend called "showgirls" & the men actually wanted the girls to have more obvious nipples & they weren't chosen if they weren't obvious enough, so that made me feel better, because that's a mans point of view & that's what really matters right? Although, my own opinion of them needs to be positive ofcourse, but you know what i mean......

Old 05-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #4
(female)

kriss79 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb_one View Post
Ok so i have quite large nipples & i'm very self conscious of them to be honest. A few different friends/family have commented on them numerous times when i've been changing or if they've caught a glimpse.... which is not very often as i do try to hide them because of this poor self-image! Even my Mum has commented, saying their like cork-screws, (which they're not! i know that..... but it's just an exagerated version of what they ARE). And my sisters have both commented aswell, so how am i suppose to feel?

Looking through photos on the web, there are a few pics with some the same size as mine, but then why do people comment on how big they are & act like they've never seen anything like it before? It just makes me feel horrible, like i'm not normal! I really don't know how to explain it & my husband says they're perfect blah blah blah.... but it doesn't make me feel any better. I feel like he's just saying it cos he 'has' to. It just makes me feel really depressed & i can't talk to anyone about it cos they're either the people that have commented on them or i'm too embarrassed to bring it up with someone else cos i don't feel comfortable enough talking to them about that sort of stuff!

I know & have been told that breasts & nipples all come in different shapes & sizes etc, but then why are mine commented on by just about everyone that sees them, when i've seen pictures of some the same..... so they can't be that weird surely. But it's also tv shows etc that show girls topless that upset me, as they NEVER show any with larger nipples! Just perfect ones!
I'm almost 31 years old, and just finally learned not too long ago that we women judge each other on such things a lot more than men do! In fact another poster has said the same to me about my concerns. I used to constantly worry about my small breasts, ankle scars (long story) and a few other issues, my husband (and even other men I dated before him) have insisted that what we think of as flaws are part of what makes us attractive and unique. Women come in all shapes and sizes and 99.9% of us are what a doctor would consider "normal."

Your husband says they're perfect - and unless you make your living as a topless model, he's the only one that should matter, besides of course yourself.

Same thing with shaving/waxing/etc of the pubic region and what fashions are "in" for the season...I've found that most men are a lot less picky about such things than other women are.

Last edited by kriss79; 05-05-2010 at 06:35 AM.

Closed Thread