It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
(female)

char123 HB User
Reccurent vaginal pain

Hi im really in need of some advice!

About 18 months ago i was on holiday with another family looking after their children. i began to have severe pain in the entrance of my vagina. I also noticed a yeasty smell at first which i havent had in the lat year, and felt excruciating pain not only constantly but also when passing urine. although i felt a slight relief. In the portuguese chemit i tried to explain and was given zoviraz tabs which i later found out were a treatment for herpes! I came back home and went to the doctors who told me i had thrush.

I continued to get this pain a few times a month, lasting from an hour to the whole day and night, maybe sometimes longer. During this pain a few times i got bad cramps in the side, which led me to think maybe i had appendicitus- spent a day in A&E and was told it was not the case.

Was then told i may have IBS. (I know i dont!) i have been for STI tests. i have had three internal examinations at the clinics, the third i was told i had a large ovarian cyst. I had a trans vaginal scan and nothing was abnormal. I was then told by my GP it may be Pelvic Imflammatory disease, which was later dismissed.

Was sent to the Gynaecologist at Whipps Cross where i had Kidney urethra and bladder scan- nothing found. I have never been seen by the same doctor twice, and i fear my notes have been written wrongly, as i went back for the report and the registrar was talking only of abdominal pain which isnt the case.
They have now told me it may be endemetriosis and i have been booked in for a laparoscopy, but i have read symptoms of this and dont believe i have it. I scar very badly and do not want to ungergo operation if there is no need. I am scared about my fertility as this has gone on for so long now.

I recently self diagnosed myself with cystitus through the internet and talking to my boyfriends sister who has also been through similar problems and never found out what she had...i feel a relief when i go to the toilet and feel like i have a full bladder- but can never go properly. Also the only time i can reduce the pain is if i am in a bath. I told them this at my appointment the other day which they said it wasnt. I HAVE NEVER BEEN GIVEN A URINE TEST. I believe that this constant pain is something to do with a bladder infection, as i can sometimes smell a stagnant or yeasty smell. (Im sorry this is so gross but im at a loose end here!!)
I think it could be candida, a bladder problem or cystitus but i have no idea and am now so confused by all of these "medical opinions". I am 18 years old and have now had this since i was 16. It disrupts my life greatly, as i cannot attend college or work some days.
I have been buying co codamol for the pain, (which doesnt work as well now after two years) have been prescribed transexamic acid (that right??) and a few other treatments like the cystitus sachets which do help slightly and have been drinking lots of water and cranberry juice regularly. This has not helped.
Can anyone help? Has anyone had this before or can you give any advice please? Thank you for your time! I dont know if ive missed anything out but i think this essay is long enough! My mum is a nurse and even she doesnt know what it is. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread