It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
(female)

Greeny70 HB User
Heavy Menstrual Bleeding

I am a 40 yr old woman with a history of early menopause with my great grandmother and mother. I believe that I have been showing symptoms for the past yr or 2, slowly but surely. I missed my first period in September 2009, and this past Jan was the last period I had until Apr 25 where i spotted for 12 hrs. Then 3 days later, it came through and boy did it. I have alot of clotting, small clots tiny, for the most part, the biggest ones being the size of a nickel. Im concerned this could be something more serious like cancer or fibroids. My last ultra sound I had was in June 2008 when I went to the hospital bc I was so scared of a similar period. All was fine, nothing seriously wrong. Im wondering if I need to visit my local emergency room again, as 2 days of clotting and bleeding stopped yesterday for over 13 hrs, only to start again a couple of hours ago.

Any feedback would be appreciated, ty.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Heavy Menstrual Bleeding

I doubt you need the ER but I would certainly go see the gyno for a checkup and possible testing....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
(female)

girl808 HB User
Re: Heavy Menstrual Bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny70 View Post
I am a 40 yr old woman with a history of early menopause with my great grandmother and mother. I believe that I have been showing symptoms for the past yr or 2, slowly but surely. I missed my first period in September 2009, and this past Jan was the last period I had until Apr 25 where i spotted for 12 hrs. Then 3 days later, it came through and boy did it. I have alot of clotting, small clots tiny, for the most part, the biggest ones being the size of a nickel. Im concerned this could be something more serious like cancer or fibroids. My last ultra sound I had was in June 2008 when I went to the hospital bc I was so scared of a similar period. All was fine, nothing seriously wrong. Im wondering if I need to visit my local emergency room again, as 2 days of clotting and bleeding stopped yesterday for over 13 hrs, only to start again a couple of hours ago.

Any feedback would be appreciated, ty.

I had my period for 7 weeks after going off the pill. I had HUGE clots-I finally was referred to a gynecologist through my primary care provider and he did an outpatient surgery called a Novasure Endometrial Ablation. Had no side effects after the surgery except for a small amount of discharge. I am 48.

What you have(if you haven't been to your doctor already) is Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Closed Thread