It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
(female)

Meggb777 HB User
Question Something weird going on with my body

hi i have a question
i am 13 years old and i am in the 7th grade
i got my period when i was 11 in the 5th grade for 1 or 2 days the i never got it again until the 6th grade for 1 or 2 days the i got it really bad in november of 7th grade and it lasted for 3 days and all those years everyday i have leaked this white and clear fluid i think it is called discharge. What is going on?

Last edited by Meggb777; 05-08-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Something weird going on with my body

Meggb777: Have you told your mother about this? This isn't normal. You need to get to the doctor so he can check you out. Do you eat right? Are you under weight? Being thin and not eating right can cause upsets in your cycles. The white fluid? Is is White-white or clear? If it's white like cottage cheese then that's a sign of a yeast infection. If it's clear then that's more normal. Alot of people get a clear discharge when they ovulate. You still should get checked out to make sure there is nothing serious going on in there. Don't be afraid to tell your mother. That's what she's there for. You need to stay safe and keep your body healthy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
(female)

Meggb777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92261 View Post
Meggb777: Have you told your mother about this? This isn't normal. You need to get to the doctor so he can check you out. Do you eat right? Are you under weight? Being thin and not eating right can cause upsets in your cycles. The white fluid? Is is White-white or clear? If it's white like cottage cheese then that's a sign of a yeast infection. If it's clear then that's more normal. Alot of people get a clear discharge when they ovulate. You still should get checked out to make sure there is nothing serious going on in there. Don't be afraid to tell your mother. That's what she's there for. You need to stay safe and keep your body healthy.
No I have not told her, she thinks i am a normal teen, i have been meaning to tell her but i cant find the right time, i eat like a normal teen would and i am 5 feet 7 inches tall and i weight about 125 lbs. and sometimes it is just white and clear and some times it is clear
Do u have any more advice ?

Old 05-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
(female)

Meggb777 HB User

If you have the same problem or u read this will u please write something cause there are 43 people who have looked at this and only one person has said something and i am so scared i need an angle please write to help me know what to do i am only 13 and i dont know what to do

Old 05-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User

You really need to see a doctor about that. I don't know if anyone here can tell you what a weird period cycle is due to without knowing more about you. Again, if the discharge is really white, that's cause for concern, but if it's more clear or milky looking, that's normal.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
(female)

Meggb777 HB User

thanks on here i am trying to find someone with a similar problem so i can find out what they did

Old 05-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

A discharge in general is perfectly normal, all women have it and it can vary from clear to white. Totally normal. It's only not normal if it's clumpy and itches (meaning yeast infection or other things).

As for your irregular periods, you're most likely still going through puberty and it may take a while to settle down. Also, I've heard (and also in my experience) the first ones tend to be lighter, and don't settle into their normal heaviness for a few cycles. I also know women who say they had huge gaps between their first few cycles (personally, mine were never more than 3 months or so when I started). But we are all different and your gaps could actually be perfectly normal.

At 13, a doctor would most likely just tell you to wait and see. I think talking to your mom would help because she could probably tell you how hers started out. Have you talked to any of your girlfriends about it?

Old 05-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #8
(female)

Meggb777 HB User

I have just told my mom today. And other than that no one knows. and i am so worried because 2 people in my family got there period when they were 18 and 17.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

Hi Megg! I'm glad you told your Mother and had some conversations about when other women in your family got their periods. It could be that this is entirely normal for women in your family. I think you ought to tell your mother that you want to go see your doctor or a good female doctor who can answer your questions and calm your anxieties. Doctors are used to doing this and are very good at it! I think you will find it to be a very worthwhile experience. I got my period when I was 12. I was also about 5' 7" and weighed 120 pounds which was very, very thin. You are also very thin and have a very low body mass index. I'm not saying this is necessarily an issue for you but, in general, it can be. Low body weight can be a cause of irregular periods. It was an issue for me. I was always very concerned with being thin. As I matured, I realized that I needed to make sure I had enough healthy calories to support all of my normal body functions including my period. Once I started focusing on getting the right nutrition, everything evened out for me. Talk to your mother about finding a good, compassionate doctor that you can go and talk to about all of your questions and you will feel so informed and so much better.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
(female)

Meggb777 HB User

She said this never happened to her not helping but i have a doctors appointment next week with my doctor and for the past 3 days i have had really bad cramps and many headaches but no period but also i have had more discharge than normal dont know what is going on

Last edited by Meggb777; 05-12-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggb777 View Post
She said this never happened to her not helping but i have a doctors appointment next week with my doctor and for the past 3 days i have had really bad cramps and many headaches but no period but also i have had more discharge than normal dont know what is going on
I'm so glad you have an appointment sweetie. You will feel so much better when you know what is going on. Make sure you make a list of all your questions to take with you. It is easy to forget to ask something when you see the doctor and don't be afraid to ask him/her any questions you want to - that is what they are there for

Old 05-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #12
(female)

Meggb777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose1358 View Post
I'm so glad you have an appointment sweetie. You will feel so much better when you know what is going on. Make sure you make a list of all your questions to take with you. It is easy to forget to ask something when you see the doctor and don't be afraid to ask him/her any questions you want to - that is what they are there for
I have 1 whole page of questions i have i think 17 questions

Old 05-14-2010, 05:48 AM   #13
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

Good for you! I will be thinking about you

Old 05-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #14
(female)

Meggb777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose1358 View Post
Good for you! I will be thinking about you
Thanks Today i have had a bad headache for the 2nd day in a row and really bad cramps but i see my doctor tuesday

Closed Thread