It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
(female)

brosso HB User
Question for ladies that have used Boric Acid suppositories

How quickly did you notice and improvement (or not) after using the boric acid suppositories? Any weird side effects or changes?

I am on night 2 of 10 of my boric acid 600mg suppositories for supposed BV that has been incredibly persistent over a year and I'm noticing that my discharge is taking on a watery consistency. I'm getting a ton of it.

Have any of you experienced this? Does it mean it's starting to work and get all the gunk out or does it means it's not working at all?

I didn't really expect to notice any improvement yet since I've had the infection so long, but then again, I have read about how many women notice immediate symptom relief so I am kind of concerned.

I would appreciate anyone's two cents on the matter

Old 05-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
(female)

Tearful_Love HB User
Re: Question for ladies that have used Boric Acid suppositories

I use Boric Acid suppositories for my Chronic Yeast Infection and it took about 2-3 days for it to show some improvement. I did two a day so around the second one on the second day, I slowly noticed a change, when it fully went away I went down to one a day.

However, as soon as I went off of it, it came back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
(female)

brosso HB User

did you experience any bleeding/spotting at all? I have been and I'm thinking I ought to stop using it. Doesn't seem normal. I just got over my period a week and a half ago.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brosso View Post
did you experience any bleeding/spotting at all? I have been and I'm thinking I ought to stop using it. Doesn't seem normal. I just got over my period a week and a half ago.

Hi Brosso,

I too want to try boric acid for chronic vanginal irritation Ive been battling for almost a year now...are you still using it?? Did it help at all or did you stop? What is your status? Id love to hera from you......

Old 06-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearful_Love View Post
I use Boric Acid suppositories for my Chronic Yeast Infection and it took about 2-3 days for it to show some improvement. I did two a day so around the second one on the second day, I slowly noticed a change, when it fully went away I went down to one a day.

However, as soon as I went off of it, it came back.

Hi Tearful_Love,

I want to try boric acid suppositories for my chronic yeast infection....I was wondering, how long did you use it for? Would you ever try it again and do youm reccomend me to try it? What is your status now? Are you feeling better?....What are your symptoms?.......

Old 07-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #6
(female)

Dees1977 HB User

My doc prescribed boric acid for bv.. I am scared to use it. Has anyone had success? Will it cause me to become raw? Thanks

Old 07-25-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
(female)

Tearful_Love HB User

I'm sorry this is late but, if the bleeding is caused from the boric acid, that is not normal and you should have it checked out and sweatpea, I would use it again and I do recommend it for those who have had no other help with yeast symptoms, keep in mind that if yours is like mine, as soon as you go off of it; it will probably come back.

I still have it, just not as bad, and only flares up around my period.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

Hi Tearful Love,

Thanks for the response. Do you mind telling me your symptoms. What candida species did they say you have? Also, do you think that it is possible that you got off of the boric acid too soon? How long were you on it?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

Hi Tearful Love,

Thanks for the response. Do you mind telling me your symptoms. What candida species did they say you have? Also, do you think that it is possible that you got off of the boric acid too soon? How long were you on it?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #10
(female)

Tearful_Love HB User

I have never gone to the doctor/gyno for my infection due to many reasons, the main one being no insurance; which I actually just got back... but that's a different post..

So I do not know what species I have and the longest I took it for was 3 weeks, the last week I went down to every other day, and then completely off; the infection came back about a week and a half later.

My symptoms are/were: itching, sometime dry skin appears and feels all dry, sometimes odd odor, burning at times, and sometimes just a odd feeling of not being "clean" down there even if I took a shower few hours earlier. Main symptom is the itching.

I actually shave that area now; which seem to have helped and it doesn't flare up as much; only when hormone changes happen, like around my cycle, but when it does flare up; it's annoying and a pain.

Last edited by Tearful_Love; 07-27-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Closed Thread