It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Pain is it my ovary?

For about a yr now I have had on and off stabbing pain in my lower right area, about 1/2 to 1 inch above pubic area. I notice it more when I exercise or walk-its not daily, and it comes and goes.

I go in for an ultra sound on Monday of my ovaries, I had one 2 yrs ago (cannot recall why) and it was normal. I am hoping its nothing sinister ( I dont have lower back pain, though I do have bloating due to pancreas and digestive issues) and maybe an ovarian cyst. Can anyone offer me feedback on the symptoms?

I also wonder if it could be my lymph node causing pain

Old 05-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
(female)

kmc277 HB User
Re: Pain is it my ovary?

Where you described where your pain is coming from is your ovary. I have an ovarian cyst myself and the pain is extreme i've had symptoms as far as: bloating, throwing up, a sharp long pain (just where you described), after the sharp pain fades its more of a subtle constant feeling of pain, also sometimes i would feel it "bubble" for lack of a better word..

Hopefully your ultrasound will go well and your doctor can help you out. But until then the only things that would help me were my heating pad and sleep. good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Thank you for your response. Would it be feasible to have a cyst for a yr with intermediate pain throughout each month vs daily pain?

I notice it sometimes when I exercise on the eliptical or when I am walking-it can get intense that I have to stop..then it kinda goes away. The jabs are like deep pulses.

I guess I will find out when I have the ultrasound,in the meantime I worry its cancer though I dont have lower back pain...

Old 05-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
(female)

kosm HB User
Re: Concerned about ovary

Hi there!
I get cysts all the time. They are miserable. I am really prone to them. We all get a "cyst" every month, but if it doesn't break when it is supposed to, it just gets bigger with every passing month. Mine would hurt when I was doing physical exercises. In fact, I had one rupture during exercising. Cyst pain can come and go, it can cause you to feel like you are PMSing, when you are not, It can at times feel like a stapping sharp pain, and then dissapate into a dull pain. The Ultrasound will allow them to see if indeed there is a cyst there. They can usually get a good idea as to whether it is a dangerous cyst or not. If it's contents are clear, that is a great sign. The vast majority of ovarian cysts are totally benign and just really annoying. However, if a huge one ruptures, it is still a medical emergency. However, you would know it if a huge one ruptured!! Believe me, the pain makes you think you are dying, so if you haven't felt anything like that, you are probably ok!!
The ultrasound will give you lots of answers. Let us know what they say! Good luck

Old 05-13-2010, 11:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Thanks so much! Fingers crossed its nothing bad. Will keep you posted

Old 05-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

k2626: After you have the ultrasound, if they don't find a cyst on your ovary, get a blood test for Celiac disease. It's an intolerance to gluten and wheat products. Just a thought.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Hi there---I was just tested for that, had the gene test too-it was fine. I have had a host of unexplained health issues for 2 yrs now-drs are stumped. I hope this ovary pain is not something like cancer. The pain comes and goes in varying degrees of pain-sometimes working out makes it bad. Its odd stabs or pain-today they have been pretty bad. Actually due for my period tomorrow, last month I noticed it was bad before my period too but it is not menstral pain, not in the right spot or even close to the same pain

Old 05-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

I just got my period yesteday so I guess Ihave to cxl my ultra sound tomorrow. I have had the worst period cramps the past two days, I was up in almost tears for 2 hrs early this am. I havent had these type of cramps since highschool. I sure hope this is not ovarian cancer.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Re: Anechoic Cysts

I had a US scheduled for tomorrow but got my period so I will need to cancel it. I have had bottom left pain (right above pubic area) that stabs on and off--the pain feels deep.

My dr did a physical exam but could not feel anything, she said the ovaries felt fine.

Can drs usually feel serious cysts when when do an internal exam to feel the ovaries? I am so worried about htis as I have have had the pain on and off for a yr though it is now more intense.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-17-2010 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Post and replies moved from other thread. Please do not hijack other member's threads. Reference to other thread removed.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #10
(male)

NataliaD HB User

Hi K2626-

I would think when you have an internal exam, your gyno would feel something, like a cyst, if you have one. Have you ever had a transvaginal sono within the past year? You mentioned you've had this pain for that long. I get so paranoid because I already lost one ovary due to a cyst and I keep getting sono's to be on the safe side. I had one in December and didn't have any cysts. I had this last one done in April, and I have two.

I hope you get to the root of the problem of why you are in pain. I'm still a little nervous about the CA-125 test. I just want them to go away. My husband was diagnosed with colon and bladder cancer last year and the last thing we need is for me to be sick.

Let us know how you make out.
-Natalia

Old 05-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Thanks for your input. Does my pain sound like a cyst? I dont know what else is in that area aside from lymph nodes and I dont think they would cause that type of pain.

I am sure if your ultra sound came back clear you 125 will as well!

Old 05-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #12
(male)

NataliaD HB User

Your pain does sound like a cyst, but you should get it checked out either way. Make sure after you are done with your period, you get in there and have that sono done.

-Natalia

Old 05-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

So, I just got back from my US and have a cyst that is 2x2 cm. The tech said it was filled with gel and some debria/particals maybe blood. My dr is out till tomorrow and will call me to discuss the next steps. Now I am scared.....

Old 05-17-2010, 11:20 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

So, I just got back and there is a 2x2 cyst. She said it was gel mixed with debris of some sort, maybe blood. The tech really didnt say anything else, but seemed in high spirits and not concerned. What does this mean? Can they usually tell if its cancer by US? She said my dr will call tomorrow (she is out today) to discuss the next steps.

Thanks so mcu

Old 05-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User

Hi,

2x2 cms is not very big. Gel sounds like mucin so it could be a mucinous cyst. The debris may be either blood or hair and teeth. Blood is common in hemmoraghic cysts (cysts that bleed into themselves) and hair and teeth are common in dermoid cysts. You need more information from your doctor. The technician is not the one who will be interpreting the ultrasound, a radiologist will so the final report will have much more information on it. This report will be given to your doctor and you should request a copy of it.

If it is either a mucinous, hemmoraghic or dermoid cyst, non of these should pose too much of a problem although two of these (mucinous and dermoid) have to be removed surgically (and sometimes the hemmoraghic as well although these can go away by themselves). I am sure that you will have more info at your next doctor's appointment.

I hope this helps.

All the best.

Estria

Closed Thread