It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
(female)

barbera HB User
Shaving pubic area and irritation afterwards

I was wondering if any other women have shaved their pubic area completely and then experienced redness and irritation afterwards? I shaved mine and then decided it was a bad idea and am now trying to grow it back but I am finding it to be very irritating. I have tried putting hair conditioner down there to soften the coarse hairs that are coming back in. Has anyone else experienced this? I used a Mach 3 brand new razor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:39 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Shaving pubic area and irritation afterwards

Shaving down there can be very irritating. Conditioner is a good idea and you might try baby powder also after showering/bathing. When it grows out enough and the irritation is gone, have it waxed. That's really the best way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
(female)

barbera HB User

Thank you for your response. Is it a bad idea to put lotion in that region? I would like to but am afraid I will get pimples down there if I do. I will give the baby powder idea a try. I bought some Aloe Vera gel but then was worried to use it down there cause I read on the package that it is natural product and I don't know if it was sterilized and made in a facility like other main stream products are made.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Lotion is fine but baby powder usually helps more.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
(female)

barbera HB User

Can I ask if you have ever gotten waxed? I have never done it for several reasons. I was curious what your experience with it has been if you have had it done?

Old 05-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Yes, I've been waxed. Used to do it regularly when I went to the pool and beach a lot. It's not "fun" to do but it just stings for a few seconds....I suggest trimming well before getting it done so there isn't so much hair to remove...

Old 05-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
(female)

Shadowedheathen HB User

The best advice I got came from an exotic dancer. They are required to be shaved but cannot perform if there is irritation or bumps on their vaginal area. Use the clear rolling deodarant across the freshly shaved area. DO NOT USE STICK OR THE WHITE KIND. I keep mine shaved and that keeps me from getting those horrible red bumps

Closed Thread