It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
(female)

trexy66 HB User
Need help.Dr is not helping me

I have been suffering from vaginal irritation for over a month now.I have had these same symtoms on and off since approx 2002 I was pain free for approx 2 years and I have yet to be diagnosed with anything.I saw a Dr on call a couple of weeks ago who examined me and told me I had a yeast infection he took a swab and gave me a precription for oral medication which did not work and my tests came back negative for yeast.I went to see my Dr who examined me and said nothing was wrong and told me to use boric acid supposititories which I did for 5 days they got rid of the cottage cheese looking discharge but not the burning pain I am experiencing.The culture she took also came back negitive for yeast.All my STD tests came back negative and also the test for BV.I am at a loss if I don't have any infections or STD's what is wrong with me?Does anyone else suffer with constant burning and irritation and have you been diagnosed with anything and if you have what has helped with your pain.I am getting so depressed I am in a brand new relationship we have yet to have intercourse and I am really scared to.Please any comments or suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User
Re: Need help.Dr is not helping me

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexy66 View Post
I have been suffering from vaginal irritation for over a month now.I have had these same symtoms on and off since approx 2002 I was pain free for approx 2 years and I have yet to be diagnosed with anything.I saw a Dr on call a couple of weeks ago who examined me and told me I had a yeast infection he took a swab and gave me a precription for oral medication which did not work and my tests came back negative for yeast.I went to see my Dr who examined me and said nothing was wrong and told me to use boric acid supposititories which I did for 5 days they got rid of the cottage cheese looking discharge but not the burning pain I am experiencing.The culture she took also came back negitive for yeast.All my STD tests came back negative and also the test for BV.I am at a loss if I don't have any infections or STD's what is wrong with me?Does anyone else suffer with constant burning and irritation and have you been diagnosed with anything and if you have what has helped with your pain.I am getting so depressed I am in a brand new relationship we have yet to have intercourse and I am really scared to.Please any comments or suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

Hi Trexy66,

We are in the same boat. I have been battling vaginal irritation for almost a year now and eventhough Ive tested neg for everything I am positive that this is a yeast problem...how else can you describe your symtoms? any discharge? smell? burning etc? check out my threads if you'd like....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread