It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

Canadian101 HB User
Vaginal Pain (Yeast Infection)

So,

For the last 7 months every month I'd get a yeast infection after my period was over. Last month I took 2 packs of pills in a row to avoid the infection, then stopped after the 2 packs. Now I have what, I believe to be is another yeast infection that I have now had for a month now. I have tried monistat 1, canestan 7, the canestan tablet you can buy over the counter, Fluconazole 150, and now my doctor prescribed me Flagystatin, which I've been on for 8 days now and still hasn't worked. I only get a tad itchy and extreme pain (burning) during attempted intercourse. No other symptoms. Now, I've only attempted intercourse once in the last month, so we can rule out it being my partner. My doctor didn't check for yeast, just sent me for tests. I am going in June to see if I have cysts, the to the gynocologist. Just wanted to see if there is anything out there that can happen sooner, all this could take months, and it's already frustrating.
Thank You

Old 05-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Vaginal Pain (Yeast Infection)

It's possible you don't have any more yeast, and your body is just irritated from the repeated infections. I had this and it eventually went into vulvar vestibulitis.

If that's the case, you should probably stay away from the yeast creams and, if you do still have an infection, treat it orally. Do you have the actual cottage cheese discharge? Or just redness and irritation?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
(female)

Canadian101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
It's possible you don't have any more yeast, and your body is just irritated from the repeated infections. I had this and it eventually went into vulvar vestibulitis.

If that's the case, you should probably stay away from the yeast creams and, if you do still have an infection, treat it orally. Do you have the actual cottage cheese discharge? Or just redness and irritation?
I don't have any cottage cheese discharge. Just redness and irritation, it also burns when the clitoris is stimulated. I'm 99% sure it can't be an STD, just to throw that out there. I also have chronic urinary tract infections and bladder infections and was hospitalized with a kidney infection at one point..

Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

2 things spring to mind:

using a povidone iodine douche every day for a week (this will kill any non abicans candida)

applying hydrocortisone cream twice a day for a few days to settle the irritation

Last edited by jonnstar; 05-27-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:39 AM   #5
(female)

SwtSimplicity HB User

Jonnstar: I've never heard of non-albican yeast being treated with "povidone iodine douches". Non-albican yeast infections and yeast infections in general are never treated with douches these days because douching is harmful.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
(female)

Canadian101 HB User

I didn't try the douching because I also heard that douching is one of the worst things for a yeast infection. I finished the Flagystatin, tried clitoral stimulation and that seemed fine, so tried vaginal intercourse, and it burned as soon as he went deeper. Then continued to burn a little throughout, after it burned for about an hour. Doesn't seem like I'm any closer to fixing this. Maybe laying off the medication for a bit will help? I have a pelvic ultra sound to check for cysts June 7th then don't have a gyno appointment until July 7th. Anymore ideas would help

Thank you

Old 05-30-2010, 05:10 AM   #7
(female)

SwtSimplicity HB User

Canadian101: Just to be on the safe side, you probably shouldn't get off the medication just incase your gynecologist will assume your not taking your medication regularly and using this against you in some way. Have you tried taking a probiotic? Many women that take a probiotic called Fem-Dophilus experience a huge relief, although it's not always a cure.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
(female)

Canadian101 HB User

I have stopped taking my medication because I'm done it, have no more left. What type of pro biotic?

Old 05-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
(female)

SwtSimplicity HB User

Just any probiotic in particular; most women try probiotics or acidophilus when they experience vaginal symptoms. Some say taking a regular acidophilus or probiotic supplement often eases the symptoms. I assumed you might have tried one. But regular acidophilus doesn't normally colonize the vagina tract. Which is why I brought up the product Fem-Dophilus that is formulated to normalize the vaginal flora, and it actually adhere's to the vaginal flora unlike regular acidophilus.

Fem-Dophilus and RePhresh Pro-B both contain the same strains and they are clinically proven to normalize the vaginal flora and discourage the growth of the "bad" bacteria and yeast that often causes symptoms such as: abnormal discharge, odor, burning, itching and the like. It works well if you take it along with your course of antibiotics since the antibiotic kills the yeast or bacteria and the Fem-D or RepHresh Pro-B then replenishes the lost flora.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:48 AM   #10
(female)

Canadian101 HB User

I have tried Pro-B to get rid of a past yeast infection, and it didn't really work. I have started taking them again.. just to try anything

Closed Thread