It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

QueenofHearts12 HB User
Can NOT insert a tampon

I am hoping some of you women out there will be able to help me. I cannot insert a tampon to save my life. I have always stuck with pads as I didn't like the ideas of tampons. I am a virgin and until recently I had no idea what I even looked like down there. Nothing has ever penetrated me before so I can understand that I would be tight, but I have heard that it's supposed to be easy and painless to insert a tampon. I can barely even find my vagina as it seems so small, and when I try to push a tampon in I am just hitting a brick wall. I feel pathetic as I am well past the age of not being able to use tampons and I know that girls as young as 12 use them with no problems. I have tried all different angles and positions but it's like my body repels anything trying to go in there. I do try to relax but I am an uptight person in general and the more I fail the more anxious and upset I get.
I get so nervous that in the future I won't be able to have sex. I ask myself, if I can't insert a small tampon how could I ever hope to accommodate that? I feel like I must not have the same body as other women because it seems so impossible for me. It's like there is nowhere for it to go. Help!

Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User
Re: Can NOT insert a tampon

It sounds like your hymen is still intact, some women have rather strong ones that don't even break when they try to have sex.
Go see your doctor, you will be able to have it removed if that's the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

I had the same problem when I was a virgin.I spent an hour and a box of tampons in the bathroom and couldn't get it to work.
When I finally did,it felt weird and uncomfortable.I didn't start using them until after I had had sex.
I know you say you know 12 year olds using them,but most young girls I know say they aren't comfortable with them yet,so I don't think you are alone.
This may sound strange,but using some vasoline on the tip of the tampon applicator may help it go in easier.

Last edited by WhenItRains; 05-31-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
(female)

makeitmine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ely4 View Post
It sounds like your hymen is still intact, some women have rather strong ones that don't even break when they try to have sex.
Go see your doctor, you will be able to have it removed if that's the problem.
hymens should stretch, not break.
Yours may be one that completely seals the vagina. And you should go see your doctor, talk to her about it. I'm sure that can painlessly remove it & you won't have to worry.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User

Actually hymens can break, do some research, that's why some women bleed when having sex for the first time.
My point was, though, that the hymen is the most likely cause of the problem and if so a doctor can fix the problem.

Closed Thread