It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
(female)

caligirlchris HB User
Question about possibly getting pregnant! PLEASE answer!

Hello everyone! I am 20 years old and I have a question about possibly accidently getting pregnant. I have been with my boyfriend for a year, and we have been sexually active the entire time, but have ALWAYS used condoms to prevent pregnancy. I was never really on the pill; I tried it out for a few months when I was 17 and then never used it again, always used condoms. Well, a week ago, I went back on the pill (it will be exactly 7 days ago today that I have started it). My doctor said to wait 7 days after taking the first pill to not use a condom because I could still risk getting pregnant in those first 7 days since the pills wouldn't really be in my system yet (you all know how the pill works). Okay well on the 5th day, we had sex without a condom, he pulled out. And then yesterday, we had sex without a condom twice, and he didn't pull out. I think I'm probably ok, because it was really close to the 7th day, but my friend said that since I haven't really ever been on the pill and it probably isn't even in my system yet, I should have waited til at least the 7th day. Now I'm kind of worried. I don't want to get pregnant, I have tried so hard in the past to prevent it. So can someone please tell me what my chances are of actually have becoming pregnant in the past 2 days, even though I have taken the pill for 5/6 days at the point when I had sex without a condom? Please please answer I'm really worried. My boyfriend and I have big plans to move across the country in a couple months and if I am pregnant it will ruin it all. Please answer, I'm really scared

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Re: Question about possibly getting pregnant! PLEASE answer!

It sounds to me like you're completely fine. With some pills, you don't even have to wait the full 7 days. If you made it to the 6 day mark, then there's no reason to worry. Keep taking them at the same time every day! And relax!

Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Question about possibly getting pregnant! PLEASE answer!

yeah......I cant help you much. I got pregnant while on the pill. I was taking jolessa and I had a cold and they put me on antibiotics. My doc. thinks the medicine must have made my pills noneffective. Soooooooooooo, I get to be one of the few who got pregnant while on the pill. But it certainly points to the fact that the only way to absolutely confirm that the only way to avoid pregnancy would be abstinance. Especially considering my baby before this one.......we used vcf.......i still got pregnant. lol. Anywho, for the average woman.....which apparently I'm not, even when TRYING to get pregnant, you still only have a 25% chance of conception if you have sex during ovulation. I think you are probably ok, and the odds are definately in your favor. But let this be a lesson to you! If you dont want to be pregnant, don't behave irresponsibly. Because even when you do everything right, which I did, it can still happen! Good luck

Closed Thread