It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
(female)

wageha HB User
Unhappy very worried

hi
i have just discovered my pap test came back with HGSIL and have to go for further tests i have never been so worried in my life i have not been able to sleep please help if you know about it thanks!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: very worried

Well, it isn't cancer so that should make you feel better. It can become cancer if not treated but you appear to be planning that....assume you're having a colposcopy as that is standard for this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User

I had abnormal cells, and had a colposcopy 2x and a biopsy 2x because the first time they did not get enough tissue NO cancer, but I had to get 3 good paps in a row to be cleared. I got 2, now I go for my third tomorrow.

Try NOT to worry. This sounds like something that can be easily treated. I am not a doctor but please remember that early detection of anything IS a lifesaver. Always be good about your follow-up appointments. And if at any time you think you need a second opinion get that too. I had one doctor that wanted to go for laser treatment RIGHT off the bat. And the same doctor suggested using aldara cream on the abnormal spot. IF they recommend this RUN for the hills.

I ended up in the ER, fever, could not walk from the muscle pain and the cream created blisters on the vaginal area and it was a year before my tissue became somewhat normal again!!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

Hi Madison. I had this happen to me about 7 years ago. My Pap came back in the high grade abnormal category. A colposcopy confirmed Severe Dysplasia. I had a leep done and I have been fine ever since. I remember how upset and afraid I was when I first got the results of my Pap. I want to just reassure you that this is very treatable. Your next steps will be a colposcopy to confirm the Pap and determine the extent of any dysplasia. And then a procedure to remove the bad cells. In my case, i had a leep but there are other effective treatments. I agree that I would avoid anything like aldara cream though. Good luck and please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy resolution.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User

Thank you rose...I had to reschedule my pap because I was not feeling well. I am GOOD about rescheduling right away, because this is SO important...

Again I really appreciate your help and thoughts!!!!

Madison

Closed Thread