It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
(female)

bd34 HB User
Am I Pregnant????

How accurate are pregnancy test? I took 2 First response test and both results came up notpregnant, however, my period is around 3 weeks late. I was sick with strepthroat for 3 weeks straight before I missed my period and was on antibiotics for 20 days. I think being sick may have caused be to miss my period but I am not sure if this is possible. Please Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Am I Pregnant????

Anything is possible! Especially when you start talking about strep, and a series of antibiotics. However, it is also possible to be pregnant. You should go to the doctor and have them run a test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

If you've taken 2 tests and they came up negative, it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. My best guess is that you have been sick and under stress, which may have caused you to either ovulate late or not ovulate at all.
This happened to me back in December. I was sick with bronchitis, put on antibiotics, and 10 days late for my period. It finally came on Christmas Day and was VERY heavy. If you are this late, you may want to give your doctor a call.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I tested neg one time for almost the entire fist month of my pregnancy...it depends on your level of hcg and some women show a very low level that first month. I even tested neg at the doctors this last time! And yet, here I am, 22 weeks pregnant now! Don't let anyone tell you that you are for sure not! Although it's possible your not, it is also possible you are and many women will tell you, that until that period comes, it is still possible.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
(male)

keerthini HB User

did check with doctor?

How about your stomach, it's large then before this?

Closed Thread