It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #1
(female)

skysthalimit HB User
Getting pregnant after stopping birth control pill?

Ok here it goes

My last period was May 6th 2010 and lasted about 5 days. When i was on birth control my cycle was exactly 26 days. And yes, before getting on birth control my periods were normal. I got on it at 15 and stayed on it until now that im 21. Well after my period on May 6th i didnt start my pill anymore because the hubby and i want a baby. We thought we would use the withdrawal method during this time until i got my period. Well its now June 6th and still no period. The Thing is that last week while we were "intimate" he didnt have time to withdraw very well (SO sorry for the details) and got it all over my thighs and vulva.

Could that incident gotten me pregnant? I took a pregnancy test about 3 or 4 days ago, but it came out negative.

My pregnant friend said i should wait a week or two and that if i still dont get a period then i should take another pregnancy test because if i got pregnant last week, it might not show up yet. Or get a blood test

What do ya'll recommend?

This is very nerve wrecking because i want to know whether i got pregnant OR get my period already to start tracking my ovulation and get pregnant

Let me know what you guys think!?

Old 06-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Getting pregnant after stopping birth control pill?

skythalimit,

Well you could be pregnant, but I really believe that your body is just adjusting to your stopping birth control. It may take a couple of months for your cycles to return to normal. If you are real concerned, you could just request a blood test, the blood test is more reliable in the early stages of pregnancy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Exactly why were you using the pull out method when you were trying to get pregnant? Anywho, Sometimes it takes a little while for your body to adjust after being on the pill for so long, and it could mean that you haven't ovulated yet, or it could mean that you are pregnant. Your friend is right. Wait a week and see what happens, or go get a blood test. During that time, who's to say you cant still try. You probably wont be able to accurately track your cycle however until you have had your period. I really wouldn't worry about this though......it's pretty simple really. You just keep trying till you find out you are or arent. Then if you are...congrats. If not, you get to keep trying! lol Good luck!

Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #4
(female)

skysthalimit HB User

We were using the withdrawal method because we didnt want to try and concieve until i got a Normal period. We werent trying right off the bat. We wanted to wait till i got regulated cycles. We didnt want to use condoms or any other birth control method so thats why we choose that one. Thanks for the answer!

Closed Thread