HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/)
-   -   late period... but not prego? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/752635-late-period-but-not-prego.html)

familyguy ROCKS 06-07-2010 12:30 PM

late period... but not prego?

i am now 2 months late and counting. i havent had my period since the end of March. i was on the pill for numerous years but stopped taking it about 6-8 months ago. i'm not on birth control [currently] & my boyfriend and i use the "pull out" method. up until my boyfriend & i began to have sex [which started the past 2 months] i did have a regular period. i have taken 3 pregnancy tests (within the past 2 weeks) and they have all come out negative.. i havent really felt morning sickness, but i do get queasy here and there [randomly]. heartburn has been more frequent, im always sleepy, im eating more than i use to and ive noticed that i have a pooch now.. (if im not prego, i was thinking maybe its the blood building up:confused:). if i were to be prego, id be about 8-9 weeks i think.
i also think thats its possible i took the test wrong.. instead of peeing on the stick i went in a cup and "dipped" the stick in the cup for 5 seconds... but this morning i actually read the directions and apparently if you use the cup routine you have to dip it in there for 20 seconds? im not sure how big of a difference that would make.

if i dont start by the end of this month im going to make a doc appointment, i just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and what there out come was.

thanks for reading!!!

justmel30 06-07-2010 01:02 PM

Re: late period... but not prego?

Well the weight gain could be because of pregnancy, or because your self admitted increase in eating. lol. Either way, no period for 2 months is very concerning. I think I would be going to the doctor sooner then later. Your test may not have had enough uring soak in for it to read any hormones if you only kept kept it in the cup for 5 seconds, that's what difference it makes. It's very possible, then again, it could be something else. I think I would definately be making an apointment to go see the doctor. Good luck!

familyguy ROCKS 06-07-2010 01:15 PM

yeah i did think about that after i posted! [the increased eating & weight gain] but its very minor, and its in intervals. not every day am i more hungry than normal. thanks for your response :) i guess maybe when you pee on the stick it doesnt take as long because of the pressure or something? i have one more test at home so maybe i will take it when i get back after work. i was going to wait until tomorrow morning, does that really matter? taking a test in the morning?

justmel30 06-07-2010 02:51 PM

yes, it does. When you wake up in the morning, your urine is more concentrated, therefore your pregnancy hormone would be higher, and easier to detect.

familyguy ROCKS 06-07-2010 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=justmel30;4261184]yes, it does. When you wake up in the morning, your urine is more concentrated, therefore your pregnancy hormone would be higher, and easier to detect.[/QUOTE]

k i will take it again in the morning then!! thanks :)

familyguy ROCKS 06-08-2010 08:46 AM

i took another test this morning and it said negative. i called my doctor, im just waiting for a call back. i just dont understand. i feel like ive gained weight, but i only see it in my lower stomach area. my boyfriend even thinks that i show signs of pregnancy. i looked at some ovulation calculators and according to the first day of my last period i would have conceived the 4.10, which was the first time we had sex. this is just stressful to me, not knowing and still waiting to hear from my doctor.